Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Ban because of bad word filter

Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of German speaking wayfarers got a 30 day ban because of incorrectly reviewing incorrect or inappropriate titles/descriptions, existing Wayspots.

Under those Wayfarers accepted by the ban are some very experienced wayfarers with more than 10000 reviews with good ratings. The circumstances of these bans seem to indicate that there is some kind of bug or an oversensitive filter which causes those bans and not any wrong doing by the affected wayfarers. All reports of those bans are by Wayfarers who are from Germany or German speaking countries or Wayfarers who live near Germany and get German nominations regulary. This is the reason why I think this could be a language/translation problem.

I would appreciate if someone of Niantic`s Staff could look into those bans and share reason for those bans. Maybe it is a problem which only a German speaking person can rcognize. Because something gets lost in translation.

Tagged:
10 votes

Working as Intended · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi there,

Thanks for surfacing. We recently took action against a group of users who were working together to submit and approve abusive edits to manipulate Wayspot titles. Although I can't confirm without any specific usernames to review, it's likely that this is what these users are experiencing.

• ChristianST1909-PGOChristianST1909-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

If Niantic really is focussing to eliminate abusers I am totally on their side. However it seems that they have a clue in which location some of these abusers are and to elimante them, they bombed whole parts of more regions and are eliminating users who reviewed at the wrong time on the wrong nomination. You can call it a virtual collateral damage if you want so. It's like we have a spider in the house.... and we burn down the whole house to get the spider out of it. 🙃 (no matter if other people are in the house)

But the ironic aspect of this is, that the guys who want to elimante the spider (= abusers, fakers... whatever) too, are now also facing the suspension. We are speaking of wayfarers with way more than 10.000 reviews and the perfect rating. Of course you might oversee a bad nomination in over than 10.000 reviews. If that's even the case... 3 days are gone and we still don't know.

To be honest I don't think that Niantic is able to show us the abuse of titles/description. Or do they speak German? Or Czech? Or whatever language the abusive description was. Maybe it was an edit from an known abuser(s).... but the edit itself was not abusive at all. And now the "bot" is eliminating everybody who voted on this review.... because it was an edit from an (or more) abusive user.

@NianticCasey-ING you have written ".... were working together to submit and approve abusive edits to manipulate Wayspot titles. Although I can't confirm without any specific usernames to review, it's likely that this is what these users are experiencing."

There are lot more people affected than here on the forum. I think everyone from here is fine, that you share the submissions of the suspended wayfarers. And so you (and all other) will probably see, that there is not a single abusive text or title-submission. (of course I can't speak for everybody). And than you can share the abusive "reviews" (or just a single one) from us which you might find sooooo bad, that you really think a 30-day suspension and possible permanent suspensions is really necessary.

• Thanks for your patience while we looked into these reports. We can confirm that the banned reviewers submitted or voted on obviously bad title/descriptions with the goal to report the Wayspot as invalid once the title/description was approved. This is not a translation issue or a case where they could have accidentally chosen the wrong title/description.They were trying to bypass the existing process for reporting invalid Wayspots.

As a reminder, if your invalid Wayspot report is rejected due to insufficient evidence, please submit an appeal in the forum with additional details instead of misusing the edits process.

Note that for cases where we find intentional abuse, we will take strict action even if the account has no prior violations. Since these reviewers had multiple cases where they voted on bad titles/descriptions, our team has given them a 30 day timeout. If you are part of this group, you are welcome to continue to review once your account is reinstated.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

My first intention was the big "Jegum" abuse. But that's only a guess.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Hmm. That sounds like people tried to get pois removed, most likely anchor points for fields in Ingress. I've heard about such things before. But innocent people might have been caught in the crossfire. :/

But ok, I'll resume reviewing.

Post edited by Mormegil71-ING on