Hair salon/spa rejected - not a chain.

Curious if the issue was the type of business (a locally owned, non-chain hair salon/spa) or my attempt at humour in the Title/Description. Maybe both? Neither? Feedback in the rejection email was just "Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria", so not much help there.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Hairdressers don't meet acceptance criteria

• TriBird3-PGOTriBird3-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Oh - have I missed that guidance somewhere from Niantic? Figured that a locally-owned salon and spa would fit the "place to be social with others" eligibility criteria. I'm certain I have seen other salon/spas as POIs, thought this was an easy approval - whoops!

• canon07-INGcanon07-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Certainly not an easy approval. Businesses in general, other than restaurants, no matter how local, are always a pretty dicey proposition.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your supporting information must really sell how this meets any criteria. I personally don't think it can be done for a salon, but there might be something I don't know that makes it eligible. If you think this is a good place to be social, you will need to convince reviewers. I don't think the "attempt at humour" hurt.

• EvilDoctorSlice-INGEvilDoctorSlice-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭

There's no specific guidance that says hair salons are not eligible. However they will typically be viewed as just a generic business and rejected unless you can find something that makes the submission interesting or important to the local community.

Maybe the salon holds social community events like coffee mornings? Maybe they offer something unique such as free haircuts for local **** people? Maybe it has won awards for being the best salon in the area in some notable magazine? Maybe this is where Vidal Sassoon did his first perm?

Gotta say I'm clutching at straws here though. There are at least 19 hair salons in my nearest town centre and I've never considered submitting any of them.

• VideoGamePhenom-PGOVideoGamePhenom-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭

Spas are pretty decent places to make nominations, but are very slim to be accepted. Even if your child was in the waiting room wanting to spin the disc of the spot, there is very little hope that anything like that would happen by all accounts.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of your post don't really add anything to discussions or are just misleading about guideness or what you try to write in them. I'm not sure if you just unaware of it or are you doing it on purpose? Some parts you wrote wasn't neccessary and don' really give any information (like this part about child, what does it matter to mention it, when there wasn't anything about it anywhere in this thread?). I just wanted you to know that your post are very often confusing for others, and as we can't write to other users in any other way (DM don't work for users) I wrote it here.

But being back to the topic: As others mentioned, Hair salon/spa isn't really eligible. @TriBird3-PGO maybe you can get it accepted as unique buisness, but you must give really nice information as a proof it's a special buisness that is really popular in this area - maybe with this it could be accepted. If it's not that amazing or it's one of many buisness like that in this area, I would try to look for something else to nominate in this area, as this one don't have much chance of being accepted. Good luck :)