Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Ingress Bug Niantic Brian & Casey

WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian-ING @NianticCasey-ING

HELP

I know this is the wrong forum for this, but I can't access the Ingress forum!!! I have to make myself heard somewhere.

I am affected by the following bug:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/10848/troubleshooting-duplicate-login-methods

Last year I specified which email address I wanted and said clearly that I didn't want a login via Facebook, but only via Google.

Since yesterday I have been affected by the following problem:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/141531/#Comment_141531

I can no longer log into Ingress. Neither with my email 1, nor with my email 2. Not even with my Facebook account 1.

Now I have contacted the support, but they are trying to help me compulsively instead of escalating the matter to the next level. The employee claims that I only have access to my Ingress account via Facebook - and that only with Mail 2, although it does not have a Facebook account at all! I even clicked on Forgot Password on Facebook and was told that there was no account.

The funny thing is: I still have access to Pokémon Go and Wayfarer via the same email address which Ingress used until yesterday (but I only see my Pokémon Submissions!)

You seem to have somehow separated my accounts and denied me the opportunity to access my Ingress account! I urgently need your help. I'm between the two fronts and can only be mediated because I don't have the ability to contact a person who understand my problem and can also help.

I have now done the following: I have logged on to Facebook with mail 1 and added mail 2 there, now my Facebook account is linked to both e-mail addresses and yet it is not possible to log in to Ingress. The account allegedly does not exist. Although my friends can see my account in the game!

I keep getting emails with my Mail 1, which I was able to play with for several years until yesterday! A new mosaic was accepted today and I even received the newsletter. My C.O.R.E subscription also runs on the mail! But I no longer have access to my Ingress account!

Casey, you know my case. At that time we were already actively writing to each other in Ticket: 6770024.

The new ticket has the number "13378621".

I urgently ask for help! PLEASE. I want to Access my Account @Tenkterra again!

Tagged:
7 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Please look for an email from the Ingress team for further instructions.

Comments

• WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Current status: I still cannot log into Ingress. The support employee continues to claim that there is a Facebook account on Mail 2 (it doesn't!) And that I can use it to log in.

Do I have to create a Facebook account with Mail 2 now? There really is no account with it. I have already clicked on "Forgot password?" on Facebook.

I don't understand why this email came last year regarding the "Duplicate login methods on Ingress" and you could choose which email and which login method you want to keep - if this was exactly what was removed? I no longer have access to my account via anything and am afraid that I will not be helped.

I can explain my problem to the support agent as often as I want, but he doesn't seem to understand and keeps telling me to log in with the Mail 2 Facebook account. I even sent him a video in which I show that there is no account on the mail and that I cannot log in with any method, but he keeps giving me the same standard answer.

I don't care about my Pokémon Go or my Harry Potter account. If you had broken it somehow by a mistake I wouldn't care. But what I care about is my Ingress account, in which I have invested a lot of money and 3 years of intensive free time! Take a look at the amount of my submitted portals (700-800?!), the number and the value of the badges bought. Do you think that's funny? - I don't think so!

My Sojourner Badge expired today because of your mistake (!), After 1.5 years ... I will definitely not start over again. I hope you understand this and can help me to restore the correct state.

I would like to use my account again and also see my Ingress Submissions at Wayfarer! I don't care whether you put the account on Mail 1 or Mail 2 again, but please not on anything with Facebook! You messed up something and now I can't get in!

If necessary, if there is no other way, I will also create a new, third Google-Mail address, but please put an end to this madness and help me regain access, otherwise I will cancel my C.O.R.E subscription and you will never hear from me again. I'm fed up.

I opened a group at Telegram with the players who have the same problem, at the moment we are 15 people. That may sound like little, but it is sad that we all get the same standard answers from a "Lucas" and we are not helped.

@NianticBrian-ING @NianticCasey-ING

Edit:

Oh yes, one more thing. I'll show you something: Until you screwed up something yesterday, my Ingress account and my Pokémon Go account were active under the same email address. Pokémon Go allows a login, whereas Ingress now claims that no account exists. When I go to Niantic Social on Pokémon Go, I even see my Ingress account there! But only with level ... without the name ?! What have you done? Help!

Post edited by WayfarerMSE-PGO on
  • ObiTwan71-PGOObiTwan71-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue for me when logging into Ingress. Not reachable with both Google and Facebook account linked to Ingress. My nominations via Ingress aren't visible in Wayfarer

Update: Apart from an XM Ambassador, a Vanguard has now also joined our Telegram group of affected players and is now mediating for us between the affected parties and Niantic.

I have sent several screenshots and videos to said Vanguard in which I show my problem and my private data (I trust him - And i don't gave him my Password! Just showed him everything relevant) and also show that the suggested solutions recommended by the support do not lead to a solution.

If someone from Niantic reads this: If you cannot link my account with the original e-mail address, which is now only running Pokémon Go, then I offer you the following compromise: I would not like my Ingress account linked to my 2nd e-mail address which is according to the support linked to a Facebook account which just not exist! I actually want to delete this second email address to be honest.

My offer: I will create a new Google account if necessary, especially for Ingress - with which you will then link my account. Then theoretically nothing can be confused with the other e-mail addresses or any Facebook accounts. Of course, I expect the login to work properly and that I have access to Wayfarer and the submissions I have submitted so far. I have no problem with Ingress and Pokémon Go running separately, on the contrary, I prefer that much more.

But first of all I wish to have access again at all. So far, I've only been disappointed with the support.

• ObiTwan71-PGOObiTwan71-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

No support at all. Big let down for a very big community. We should stop buying in-app items and terminate CORE descriptions at once.

How stupid it is to let use the in-app possibility to contact support if you cant enter the game.

ObiTwan71 still has no access to Ingress

edited May 2021

Update 22.05.2021:

Now 4 days have passed and for some of those affected there is a small ray of hope due to an email from support. However, I have not yet received an email.

To be on the safe side, I have censored the data of the person concerned.

Everywhere in the mail there is talk of choosing your preferred login method for Ingress. And you should choose between method A and B.

However, ingress is only ever mentioned in one of these two methods!

If the email tells me to choose my preferred login method, but "Ingress" is only linked to option A or option B - what choice do I have? Absolutely none! Our choice is then simply "eat or die".

What if I choose a method without ingress, just because the correct e-mail address is given there, for example?

This is all confusing and I think the support has no idea what they are actually writing!

The best thing about this example is option "A" - it doesn't even tell which Facebook account is affected by which email address.

If it turns out that, as in the first support request, it is a Facebook account that doesn't even exist, then I feel ripped off.

-

It sounds like they're collecting all cases first and not processing them until the middle of next month.

I want to log into Ingress with my Main Mail-Adress, I don't care about the other games.

I would like to have Ingress on my main email address and the rest on the other - or everything on the main email address. But if I am forced to run Ingress on something other than my main e-mail address, then that is unacceptable for me. After all, it always ran on the main e-mail address so far.

But currently I no longer have any access. Thanks for nothing.

Post edited by WayfarerMSE-PGO on
  • Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the confusion caused. First off, your accounts are intact and once we apply the fix to your accounts, you will be able to access both Ingress and Wayfarer. I'll summarize the process below but if you have account specific questions, please reply to the email you've received or ping me on Telegram (@Suivezmoi).

If you've received the email asking you to choose between Option A or Option B login method, please follow these steps:

1) Check that your Ingress codename is listed under either Option A or B

2) Pick the login email you would like to associate with the Ingress account - you can pick the login method under Option A even if the codename is mentioned under Option B. This will NOT delete your other Niantic Account and will allow you to log in to Ingress with your chosen login method.

Once you reply to the email with your chosen login method, our team will manually fix your account and send you an update. The sooner you can make the choice, the sooner we can get you back into your account.

If your Ingress codename isn't listed under either option AND you are unable to log in to your account, please submit a ticket via the web chat option at ingress.com/support and our team will assist you right away.

edited May 2021

Thank you for your statement! Apart from the Vanguard Vain, you seem to be our only ray of hope at the moment.

So far I have not received an email regarding this. But I hope that I will receive it soon. My last response from support was on May 19, 2021.

I very much hope that my account "Tenkterra" and my main email address will be listed when I receive this email.

If none of these are listed and I have to contact support again as you explain at the end, then I feel sick. After all, he no longer answers and gave me and the other affected persons a nonsensical instruction from the start that did not help me. At least I was asked to log in with a Facebook account from my second email address, although there is no Facebook account at all on this email address - I filmed the whole process and sent it to Vanguard Vain if evidence was required.

I really hope that we can be helped. Right now I'm just disappointed.

P.s. If you manage to fix the error and we can log in again, can you please reset our Sojourner badges back to May 18th? That is the day it all started. I've been on onyx and on my way to double onyx to get the wings because I was recursed. I don't want to start all over again, that's at least 1.5 years and no one guarantees me that you won't do anything wrong again.

• Caorunner-INGCaorunner-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

@NianticPooja thank you for this update! Although I have not posted here I have the same bug.

I have posted repeatedly on the Ingress Community Forum thread about this issue and raised a support ticket last week (13384126) although I have no further replies from support since 19 May.

I am yet to receive the options email and this worries me!

• @Brukterra-PGO @Caorunner-ING we are looking into your accounts and will send you an update. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks. I am curious what will happen.

The problem is that among the players concerned, the error patterns are all different, some can log in using a second e-mail address or a Facebook account, but I cannot log in at all and have already tried everything (Vain has the video evidence).

I depend on you. All my badges, the hundreds of wayspots I submitted ... I don't want to lose them. I put all my heart and soul into it.

I am now waiting for your email and the instructions it contains. Thank you for reading.

I don't want to bother Pooja unnecessarily and will only contact her in an emergency.

• MrVerse-INGMrVerse-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

I have similar problem with @Caorunner-ING .

At June 1, 2020, I received this email :

"You are receiving this message because we detected a conflict with duplicate Ingress accounts linked to your Niantic account. Please note that linking or unlinking your login methods from any Niantic game will also link or unlink your login methods across all Niantic games.

To resolve this issue, we will work to remove the duplicate, conflicting Ingress account. Please use your most recent successful login method below going forward:

Login method: GOOGLE

Login email: [email protected]

If your most recent login method listed above is not connected to your preferred Ingress account or codename, please let us know your alternate Ingress account or codename associated with your Niantic account by Wed, June 3 at 16:00 UTC via this contact form: https://forms.gle/JP4oHFb1iM4j7De27

Thank you,

The Ingress Team "

The problem is, the email I actually used to play and submit is : [email protected]

So, via form :

https://forms.gle/JP4oHFb1iM4j7De27

I asked my preferred log in method to [email protected].

But finally, latter I cannot log in neither via [email protected] nor [email protected] . When I tried to log in, Both of the email got reset to unknown level 1 account.

Later I found out that :

1. I can log in via [email protected] which I do not intend to use .

2. I also cannot move it from [email protected] to [email protected] since my other niantic game account is existed in [email protected].

3. And strangely, both attack notification and intel can be accessed only from original email where my account created : [email protected], which I also I do not want to use.

Please fix this. Please make me able to :

1. log in via [email protected], not [email protected].

2. Receive attack notification and access intel via [email protected], not [email protected]

I also attached evident of portals I nominated /discovered using email [email protected] such as :

1. Portal Lembaga Adat Melayu Lingga

2. Perpustakaan Umum Kabupaten Lingga

3. Lapangan Sepakbola Sultan Mahmud Riayat Syah

The screenshot of email received and portal picture can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=15mPRLIzTQaunHiyZm3k7Si-Ck8Bn3Hve

I have submit via in web support with ticket ID : 13390263

Note :

1. I have send DM to TG @NianticPooja .

2. IMHO there is something that must be improved to account management.

3. Please consider a family where sometime members created different niantic game account but used 1 email. And found difficulties when they want to separate accounts. I am myself a father who has 3 children who plays different niantic games.

We believe that the Niantic team can find solution for this bug.

Thank you.

• AerosKnight-PGOAerosKnight-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

i got the same issue on this bug.. first of all since i cannot login / access in ingress community forum i tried to create a pokemon go account with same email with my ingress to have an access on this site and to write also.

i already raised ingress support ticket#: 13497323 (latest 6/1/2021) to address the said issue / bug that i encountered during sign in and already attached some information that will help to investigate the root cause of the said bug to my account. and yet nothing response at updates coming from niantic team.

I have send DM to TG @NianticPooja . for follow up any updates and progress of the said bug. it seems the my message already not seen so far. so please @NianticBrian-ING @NianticCasey-ING. i want my account to be back before VFS i already missed my teamates to played outside and create stripes of our town.

Sincerely

@AerosKnight-ING (ingress player)

Update: 03.06.2021, Germany 12:56:00 @NianticCasey-ING

I haven't received a single answer from support since May 19th. I can no longer answer my ticket "13378621", because as soon as I try to do so, an empty page opens where the bot asks about my problem, as if I wanted to create a new ticket.

Also, I have not seen a current statement from the Niantic in any of the threads in the Ingress Forum, let alone in this thread in the Wayfarer Forum.

Neither my problem nor that of the others has been solved so far. I'm disappointed.

At the moment there is nothing left for us to do but write @NianticPooja at Telegram and hope that the messages that she passes on to support and @NianticBrian-ING will help us finally solve our problem.

The support claimed that my account is not linked to any email address, but with the Facebook account from my second email address - even though it doesn't have a Facebook account at all.

Upon request, I created a Facebook account with this email address as requested, but again it only says that no account was found and whether I want to create one.

Since May 18th I no longer have access to my account, in which I have invested my time and money intensively for 3 years. It is unbelievable that it takes over 2 weeks for a company as large as Niantic to help.

The First Saturday Event will take place again on Saturday. I hope that by then we will finally have access to our accounts again!

My team needs me and I need them.

I submitted between 700 and 800 wayspots with Ingress alone, rated over 25,000 wayspots and reported absurdly high amounts of fakes, my activity in the forum speaks for itself, I think @NianticGiffard and my Buddy @LukeAllStars-PGO can testify to that too. If the problem is not resolved then I will be sorry, not only for me but also for Niantic. No new wayspots, no further reviews, nobody will remove the fakes of the scammers ... it's just sad.

Update 12.06.2021, Germany 03:04

I think the ticket (13378621) can be closed. The support staff was useless!

The right help came from the ranks of my teammates, the XMAmbassadors, Vanguards and Pooja!

Many thanks to everyone who gave me hope and courage!

Even though I had access to the required email address, I was still unable to log in.

I was asked if I would agree to use a new email address for my account. I agreed to this because it was my wish from the start. After I was not able to log in since May 18, 2021, I got the message that I should try to log in with the new e-mail address. And it worked! I have my account back! Thanks to everyone involved! @NianticPooja @NianticBrian-ING @MatiasM20-ING @VAIN-ING @MrVerse-ING

I just asked Pooja a few questions. Although I got my account back, there are now some problems:

E.g. I can't log into the forum (something went wrong, please try again later or contact support)

or: My money for C.O.R.E was debited 3 days ago, but my emblem is gone, as is my additional inventory space!

Update 03.07.2021

I still have access to my account. On June 27th my C.O.R.E subscription was also corrected, now I have received the service for the money already paid.

The only problems that remain:

I have no access to the forum!

Niantic Social doesn't show an account name - and my old email address still shows the Ingress account, although it is now linked to a new email address.

The newsletter continues to be sent to the old email address!

The other day, advertising for First Saturday came via e-mail - to the old and the new e-mail address. Old email: level 15, faction: _Null_, new email: level 1, faction: resistance

Something is absolutely not right there. I am anxious.

Update 15.07.2021

Nothing has changed since my last post.

Today, however, after a month with no signs of life, I received a message from the support that they had checked the matter - only to give me the same standard answer again. Again it is claimed that my account is linked to a nonexistent Facebook account.

Pooja has already solved the problem and made sure that I can log in again by manually changing my login method and email address. The first-level support apparently knows absolutely nothing about this and works with the same outdated data. I am very disappointed with the competence of these simple support staff.

• MrVerse-INGMrVerse-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

A little information here. This bug also affected wayfarer accounts. I got my wayfarer stats reset since I reviewed in the duplicate access. Luckily, it doesnt affected my ingress recon medal (wayfarer medal). Just a little bit weird. I have onyx recon medal with 11200 recon point , but my wayfarer stats only have 1125 review and roughly 300 agreements.

Doesn't really matter for me. At least the increment still counts for ingress recon medal.

• Tenkterra-INGTenkterra-ING Posts: 29 ✭✭

Update 23.08.2021

My account has now apparently finally been fixed. I can now see my account name under Niantic-Social and can finally log into the forum with my Ingress account, which I was never able to do before. Thank you for your help @NianticPooja !!! 💙

Now, apart from a few unimportant little things, the only question left is what will become of our Sojourner badges 😊

• Tenkterra-INGTenkterra-ING Posts: 29 ✭✭

Update 18.09.2021

It looks like all problems have now been fixed for me, including the little things! I am totally satisfied. I hope it stays that way. I don't need any new problems. Everything is wonderful! 😊

The only thing left is to reset my Sojourner badge to its original value.