My wayfarer ratings have dropped

Lately I have rated several location changes in which by means of a false request for a change of description they suggest which change to choose, I report it as abuse and because of that my ranking in wayfarer has lowered from great to average, why does this happen?

Comments

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

It can change because of older reviews as well. It's very hard to tell which, even if you use WF+. You could have missed a honeypot somewhere before, causing the drop. You could also have been in disagreement with a voting cabal somewhere, even if you are right.

I would really like some kind of feedback on what we miss when those drops happen, how else are going to improve the way we review?

• aleprj-PGOaleprj-PGO Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

I've been reporting all these as abuse (and I had a lot of them lately), and my rating didn't drop, so maybe it was not the reason indeed.

• RedsoxMark-PGORedsoxMark-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hmm. It may be a coincidence., but recently I have been reporting as abuse location changes that have a false request for a change of description they suggest which change to choose. I've done this for a few days, and today my rating dropped from Great to Good. I have 3500 reviews, and my rating has been Great other than when I first started.

• aleprj-PGOaleprj-PGO Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

It was reported as a bug, and they closed it saying that the ratings dropped for "disagreements with Niantic reviews".

Ahh... I've reviewed A LOT of those duplicates. And if the rating goes on recent activity (which I believe it does), that could easily impact my rating.

I've stopped reviewing for now.

• EvilDoctorSlice-INGEvilDoctorSlice-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭

@CarlangasI978-ING did your rating drop during the last weekend? Or has it been falling for a while?

A number of people have reported that their rating dropped over the weekend. Niantic's official line is that reviewers must have disagreed with the decision on one of their pre-reviewed 'honey pot' wayspots and falling ratings were *definitely not* caused by some of the many Wayfarer bugs over the weekend. But of course there is no way to prove this because they don't give examples of these wayspots so you can understand what you did wrong.

On an entirely unrelated note, the News section includes an update on the bugs with Wayfarer over the weekend. Anyone that saw their rating drop to Poor will be automatically upgraded back up to Fair. Very altruistic.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

This situation is a lot like what happened over a year ago when suddenly a lot of experienced reviewers in localised areas reported dropping to red.

Many were flummoxed as to why, but the standard response was that it would be due to not rating correctly against a Niantic reviewed test one. But of course no one had an individualised response.

it also happened at a time when there was a rapid change in the rate of submissions v agreements.

For what it is worth my way out of it was to concentrate on getting reviewing to get rapid agreement. This meant reviewing only a few at a time ( not reviewing again until it appeared that I had got 2 agreements for every 3 that I had done the day before) but overall took about 20 to move upwards. I quickly got back to great and stayed there.

For me, it dropped last weekend. After avoiding reviewing for a few days it is back up to where it was.

It COULD have been some bad decisions I made or a honey trap I fell into... and I was right on the borderline... and over the past days, some which were in progress that I already made good decisions on got approved or rejected.

But if lots of reviewers have seen this, I suspect some other reason.

Anyway, I'm back to normal now.