Why again a rejection?

I've nominated and submitted a sign of different kinds of apples. There are two more signs, one similar like this. The rejection mail said that's on a farm or can't confirm its located there.

Please tell me, why would you reject, when even google maps show the stall and even the sign (small white)?

Comments

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be sure you know this, I just mention that it's not Niantic workers that review nominations, it's other players that do it. I just mentioned it as it's hard to tell who you ask in your post why would your nomonation got rejected.

Looking at your photos, there is fence before this sign, so it seems it's on someone's property - like on private farm (this is why you got "on PRP or farm" rejection). If it's not on private farm, then it can be accepted :)

I tried to look for it to see if there is any streetview in this location, but I couldn't found this place, so I can't say much here. But I saw that only some of places in your location have streetview, and if this one don't have any then it's really hard to see something like that on map view - this might be reason for "mismatched location" rejection you got.

Doing a photosphere might help with "mistmatched location" rejection (if there isn't one that show this sign). But if it's on private farm, then there isn't much to do about it - it will be rejected each time for it. If it's not on private farm and you can give reviewers some tips how to check that, it will have chances of being accepted :)

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

This one passed on my radar, for me it's a go.

yes, it's behind the fence, but posted so that everyone can see and read and reach it (also the reason why it's installed there)

Picture is good and surrounding picture (finally a surrounging picture which also shows the nominee) in combination with the sat-view allows reviewert to verify it's location.

You can resubmit this one, make sure to pin it correclty.

Good luck on the next try

• TyBearius88-PGOTyBearius88-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭

I want some advise or answer of the reviewers, that is the reason i've posted this. I know that it's not nianic staff reviewing this.

Why is a photosphere the answer? I've recently seen some of them off the area - very clear to see from above (maps). Reality and fake is better to differ with large ways or images from above. I will try a sphere, but i'm not really confident....

The sign is at a hiking trail not near a farm - i've written in the additional text.

• okto345-INGokto345-ING Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

Is there Street View at the nomination location? If not, then that is the likely reason you got the "Mismatched Location" rejection, and having a photosphere should basically solve that issue.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion its the photo that got you. At first glance it looks like someone took a picture out of a book. Obviously upon further inspection that is not the case but i think what most of us on there forums can conclude is that we are the exception when it comes to legit reviewing and not the rule.

I would try to retake the photo with a tiny bit more of the background in the picture so its obvious from the jump that it is what it is. Beyond that just keep trying. It should go through, suck's that you lost an upgrade on it but i think we have all dealt with losing an upgrade on a 1000% legit stop for no good reason.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

As okto345-ING wrote, if there isn't a streetview in this place, photosphere would be really helpful, because without it it's really hard to see it on map view. I know you think it's visible, but it's only the small point on map, and location pin probably cover it all when people look at map view - it's just really small thing to see on map view, and making photosphere will really help it.

As for you mentioning it's not on farm in support text - writing "Not farm only stall" isn't really convincing, as I saw tons of people wrote something is in public ground and after reading it I clearly saw it's in someone single fmaily garden. It looks like other reviewers might have similar experiences and are suspicious about location like that too.

Maybe try writing some more explanation, to get reviewers more convinced, as it's behind the fence and looks like on private property from just photos (I can't find it on map but from your map screenshot it's still looks like on some kind of farm, maybe looking on Google Maps where reviewers can zoom in and look more on area near it give other look as more public location for it).

In any case, I think making photosphere should solve most problems for it if this area don't have streetview :)