The masked Explorer

Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

One week ago, I shared this post that included a photo review a friend of mine has made. [https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/85904/#Comment_85904]

It included this screengrab:

Title of the POI is "Tacos EL POBLANO" (located approximately here 31.8739144,-116.5689768). Like many of the Wayspots seeded directly by Niantic the location appears to be incorrect and the business is located here 31.8740571, -116.5679374

When I shared the image of the full res, a moderator removed the image. Please note the person has a mask on and is not identifiable, furthermore they added their photo willingly to the system for all reviewers to see.

I'd like to point out that, while a moderator was "kind enough" to remove the photo from my post, it appears they did not have the intuition to actually look into the real life abuse happening to the Wayspot network.

Somebody (the same person or a somebody else who saw the photo) has since uploaded it to a different Wayspot, titled "Materiales El Aguajito" (located approximated here 31.8741764, -116.5679187)

Please do a check of these Wayspots and any other photo contributions made by the account. Please also note that your only comments about these "seeds" have been on the Wayforum, so it is unlikely to reach the wider audience. I'm not justifying the illicit photos being added, but reminding you that the Wayfarer team can do better.

Perhaps now somebody from Niantic will review these Wayspots and accounts associated with them to prevent future abuse and anyone else from having to see these.

Tagged:

Comments