Russia Wayfarer Challenge: Earn double the rewards, plus 10 Upgrades, by reaching 7,000 Wayspots added by 16 June, 2021! Learn More

Graveyards?

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding graveyards - yeah - I've read the requirements for a good Stop/Portal and I'm working along with Niantic's wishes.

I also know that there are some topics about it, but mostly some old ones - few months ago or last year.

However, it happened that I saw this graveyard. (Actually because I saw it along the "mark as duplicate" photos) Now I am really interested in how to rate a graveyard? Personally I'd rate this with 1*, since it's not a place to socialize nor to play a game.

I'd be really happy if someone could give me examples/ explain/any future tips it since I really enjoy reviewing.

Comments

• Viiviinaa-PGOViiviinaa-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Noted. Thank you for the clarification :)

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

I only write to add to what Jtronmoore-PGO wrote: Eligible things that Jtronmoore-PGO mentioned can have really hard time to get accepted since rules changed for graveyards.

Some reviewers reject everything that is on cemetery (mostly for sensitive location rejection), so even if something is eligible, but it's located on cementery, it can be rejected by some reviewers. They're still eligible nominations and with some luck should be accepted, but it can be hard work to get something on cemetery approved now.

• EvilDoctorSlice-INGEvilDoctorSlice-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭

You could always trying quoting the most recent November AMA clarification on how to rate submissions inside cemeteries

• Private places of mourning such as individual gravestones or mausoleums are generally too sensitive to be eligible. However, any locations in cemeteries that have become public attractions are eligible. This would include memorials for famous individuals, historical chapels, and government historical markers. 

• gazzas89-PGOgazzas89-PGO Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to add to this, war memorials are also acceptable and will probably be the only common thing submitted in a graveyard. There is also possibly memorial Gardens, but I'd be 50/50 on those, ones outside graveyards I'd say are ok, ones inside are where it could be questionable