Russia Wayfarer Challenge: Earn double the rewards, plus 10 Upgrades, by reaching 7,000 Wayspots added by 16 June, 2021! Learn More

Recent rejection criteria does not match submission

Something like five years ago, a local elementary school classroom made it a project to paint waste barrels with information about local wildlife and set them along the trail. They've been here for years now, but the most recent one I submitted was rejected for the following:

Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year, Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views, Photo of the nomination appears to be of a body part instead of a valid object.

So number one, the nomination is permanent. It is up year-round, and has never moved. Secondly, the street view for this area has not been updated since 2014. I'm going to submit a photosphere when I resubmit, but it's not my fault that Google hasn't been here for seven years. Finally, there is no visible body part. I'm really curious to know where that bit came from, because in the photo in my nomination, there's nothing to back up the final clause of this rejection.

I'm only looking for clarification. I understand there are reviewers who fast-track rejections to reach more agreements, but there has to be a reason this was rejected that reflects reality.

Comments