The graves of civilians had been abused.(Case at Miyagi Pref.)

Hi, @NianticGiffard .

I have found an submission falsely claiming that a graveyard is a stone monument and would like you to investigate.

The location is Tome City, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.

In my personal opinion, this area in Miyagi Prefecture, from Tome City to Iwanuma City, is a land of many other dubious applications.

Title of the Wayspot:石碑群

City:50 Kaminumadate, Nakata-cho, Tome City, Miyagi Prefecture

This Wayfarer! submission is written in Japanese.

I will now translate the Japanese into English and write it down side by side with the original Japanese.

タイトル:

石碑群

title:

Group of stone monuments

説明文

登米市中田町にある、江戸時代から残る石碑。

古いものでは嘉永6年のものからある。

description:

A group of stone monuments in Nakata-cho, Tome, which have survived since the Edo period.

The oldest one dates from the 6th year of Kaei era.

補足情報

周囲は歩道もあり安全に見に行くことができる

supplementary information:

There is a footpath around the monument, so it is possible to go and see it safely.

Google Street View:

Original Photo URL:

The photo is backlit, making it difficult to read the inscription on the stone monument, but I enlarged the original photo and noticed the following

First, let's look at (1).

Rotate the image in (1).and Zoom.

We can see that the inscription in Japanese is "祖天妙啶禅尼" in the center.

Just to be sure, I'll invert the tone of the "禅尼(Zen ni)" part to make it easier to see the carved text.

In Japanese, "八月" means the month of August.

Epitaph indicating that the woman buried in this place died in August.

Yes, this is a tombstone with an epitaph carved on it.

In Japan, epitaphs are inscribed on gravestones and include the name of the deceased(Dharma name) and the year of ****.

Let's take a look at the carving of the name"禅尼(Zen ni)" in Japanese.

Zen ni is a "戒名(Budda name)" for a woman, as you will see if you copy and paste "禅尼" into your search.

Wikipedia 戒名(*Japanese Only)

I am convinced that this PDF will be of great help in the prosecution of the abuse in this case.

This is a PDF file of one of the results of a survey carried out by the Rissho University Museum, an affiliated institution of Rissho University, a Buddhist university in Japan.

On page 20 of this book, "尖頂舟形墓標の変遷(Changes in apex boat-shaped grave markers)".

Of the epitaphs on the headstone, the center is the 戒名(Budda name).

On the left side of the epitaph, the month and day of the deceased's **** are engraved.

And The word "禅尼(Zen ni)" is used to describe a woman who has entered the Buddhist order. At the same time, the word is also engraved on the epitaph of the deceased person's headstone.

as illustrated in the Wikipedia article above.

In the Soto sect of Buddhism, one of the main branches of Buddhism in Japan, the name "禅尼(Zen ni)" is given to a deceased woman as one of the precepts.

In any case, it is now clear that these overturned stones are not just "stone monuments", but gravestones.

This place where these stones are grouped together is a cemetery.

Next.

Rotate the image in (2).and Invert tones.

We can see the word "童子(dou ji)" carved in Japanese on this stone.

Please see the following Wikipedia page. It's a very clear description.

Wikipedia 童子(*Japanese Only)

The following is a translation of that text from Japanese into English.

戒名の位号として

童子の語は戒名の位号としても用いられる[10][11]。この場合の「童子」(女子は「童女」)は、宗派によって違いはあるものの概ね数え年で15歳ぐらいまでを言う。

As a title of Dharma name

The word "童子(dou ji)" is also used as a title for a Buddhist Dharma name[10][11]. In this case, "children" (or "children's women" for girls) generally refers to children up to about 15 years of age, although there are differences between sects.

In Japanese, "童子(dou ji)" means the child of old words.

it is mean children's tomb.

In his this Wayfarer! submission, he is reading the epitaph engraved on the tombstone, which states the year of the deceased's ****: "Kaei 6".

Although he explains the year of ****, he makes no mention in the description or in the supplementary information of the precepts that are engraved larger than that year.

Why do you think that is?

And this Wayfarer! submission is being made by claiming that it is a "group of stone monuments", without saying that it is a "group of gravestones" in the title.

Please,I hope that you will investigate the applicant.

I understand you are very busy, but I appreciate your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for flagging, @MagicalThorn-ING! I'll be certain to share your report with our team for review and will revert once I have details to share.

• Hi there, @MagicalThorn-ING! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on Wayspot and the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.