Russia Wayfarer Challenge: Earn double the rewards, plus 10 Upgrades, by reaching 7,000 Wayspots added by 16 June, 2021! Learn More

Pond, natural feature, fountain.........

So, now natural features are allowed, like ponds, which attract people. But, you still need a valid POI to submit, not just a pond, right? So let's revisit fountains. Previously 1* due to lack of pedestrian access. But now, can't that be the focal point of a natural feature? See submission I'm reviewing now. To me, should be accepted, except maybe the title of it being fountain as opposed to pond? Yet, submitter would be submitting from the border of the pond. Much like submitting from the perimeter of an athletic field is recommended. Thoughts, y'all? Would love official clarification from Niantic....

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭

No thats still 1*. Its a fountain in a pond, theres no pedestrain access to it.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

The pin should be placed on the item that makes the poi valid which would then be in the middle of the pond and have no pedestrian access.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Since Natural features are now valid POI who's to say where the water fountain and the water separate. The fountain doesn't exist without the water and the fountain is clearly the POI of most ponds. I have submitted two large water fountain features in man made ponds in my area. Both have gone through (neither upgraded). The Focal point of the image was the fountain. Both pins where placed from the photo vantage point.

Some may say, yes but that's local and shouldn't count, you got it through with local votes. To those I give you the Wayspot; Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas. If you look this up in Intel, the Wayspot is not on the fountain itself but is actually located on the sidewalk next to the pond. Its nearly two cells away from the actual fountain.

For submission purposes, I would put the PIN for the Wayspot in the location that you took the image from. Helps sell the location and also give you the feeling that you can "walk" right up to it. Again a fountain is a water feature and its a judgement on where the fountain ends and the pond begins.

Side note, sadly I think your fountain will be a tough sell since its rather small. The ones I got through while certainly not Bellagio standard can be seen from a good distance off and is very clearly the focal point of both ponds.

Good luck and whatever you do, do not upgrade it. Immediate rejection.