Russia Wayfarer Challenge: Earn double the rewards, plus 10 Upgrades, by reaching 7,000 Wayspots added by 16 June, 2021! Learn More

Thoughts On This Bakery Nomination?

It's on the verge of being within 20m of another Wayspot so I had to be really careful when nominating it, but it is a really nice bakery and I want others to know about it! As it says on their website, the founder has worked for Middle Eastern royalty.

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it, though I think youre gonna have a tough sell with others.

A couple of points.

The main picture isn't the best, I can see from the support pic why you did it like that, but it does nothing to help the nomination, and may actually cause some to reject it for low pic quality and makes the shop look a bit drab.

Is there always cars there? Maybe an early morning late arvo pic may help, or a Sunday? .

Also consider a re write of the description and support statement. The key points are there but it doesn't read as snappy as it could be.

Apart from that id say its a good sub of a quality local business.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

On the chance it is accepted (and so I don't waste a nomination), I'll make every change except for the photograph, seeing as that cannot be edited. If it's rejected then I'll go there on a Sunday. It's not as though I'm nominating a big chain.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Thanks for raising this.

I have a similar local bakery in the pipeline, not with awards but certainly recommended by travel websites

It really shouldn’t be that hard should it, and I don’t hold out much hope for mine. Mine has the disadvantage of not being in a great high Street location.

Personally I have no issue with your photo for the waypoint. A little brighter would help, a sunnier day? but I like when the focus is on the name and in some areas buildings just aren’t bright and sparkly but that shouldn’t mean it’s rejected. There is a lot of subjectivity so if it fails because of the photo don’t get put off.

I think the advice about making the description snappier is worth the effort.

Good luck with it I hope it gets through.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

I shall endeavour to keep people updated on this nomination!