3 nominations were moved to worse position during voting

i have now 7 nominations accepted. 3 of them (in one zone) were moved to different position during voting, other 4 left original. so it is not done by niantic. i have carefully considered each position. and I have explained this in the support information.

and yes, i did the work, i went to the object, i took photos on, spheres, submitted, i used my upgrades, and it is very annoying when someone moves it on the worse position. i do not agree. isnt it abusive? please, move them back to the original.

Title of the Wayspot: Senjorų avilys:

Location: nominated (54.7077, 25.296552) actual 54.70775,25.296555 dist 5.56m

City: Vilnius

i have put the spot a bit away, not to be at the entrance of the center, in the case of the pandemic, people now often stand outside the center, waiting, or just having free time, or disinfecting inside. the actual portal is very close to the door. sometimes it is inside, how the clouds blow gps :) 

sphere https://www.google.com/maps/@54.7076732,25.2964704,3a,75y,143.8h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPCLHxBM_EA2ytuYJLflOhrQZ-E54m9XiUAkSf7!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPCLHxBM_EA2ytuYJLflOhrQZ-E54m9XiUAkSf7%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya319.07904-ro0-fo100!7i11264!8i4370

Title of the Wayspot: Žaidimų aikštelė Žukausko šlaitas:

Location: nominated (54.70673, 25.298882) actual 54.70671,25.298745 dist 9.07m

i have put the spot on the side after the fence, to not disturb children and mothers, there is also a flat area, friendly to the amplitude of gps. the spot have been moved to the playground, directly on the equipment. you see the **** on the left. often the gps amplitude carries the portal to the ****, it is uncomfortable to climb there, probably unsafe in the rain.

Title of the Wayspot: Žaidimų kompleksas Žukausko 32

Location: nominated (54.70806, 25.300369) actual 54.708146,25.300515 dist 13.39m 

the object is big, i imho found the best place for the spot. it is mostly in the shade (you must know the sun blanks the view of screen), close, and not inside the activities. the spot has been moved to the center, right on the basketball court, where children play with a ball, or train on scooters. or just doing something. and it has been moved to the busy pogo cell (not very important for me, but sad)

what is interesting here, - while my nomination was already and for a long time in voting - i have got the same portal nomination to review, with the position closer to the actual. but my nomination was accepted, with my text and photo, but moved location.

sphere: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.7081808,25.300403,3a,75y,72.3h,81.88t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNKVKbNXGNzBT6rwXRYb7n9590SR78CobRbzjHp!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNKVKbNXGNzBT6rwXRYb7n9590SR78CobRbzjHp%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya60.775448-ro-0-fo100!7i11776!8i4452

thanks for attention.

Tagged:

Comments

• kitanchik-INGkitanchik-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭

from guidelines: "That encourages you to approach the area to visit the Wayspot, without having to enter or interfere with the activities within." and from the test "the mark is on the portal or some meters away" - leads 5*, so, some meters away is good location if there are activities which you can interfere. imho

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Sorry, but Niantic will never move a Wayspot form an accurate location to an inaccurate location, even if you think it is more convenient. And the section that you quoted only applies to athletic fields for organized games. It does not apply to the front of buildings or to playgrounds. Finally, the guidance about allowing a few feet is only to accommodate for the inherent inaccuracies of Google Maps and the GPS network. It does not mean that nominators are allowed to purposely mis-locating a Wayspot away from the object. Since you admitted to purposely mis-locateing the Wayspots in the supporting information, the reviews saw fit to correct them.

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Actuaron de forma correcta.

edited June 2021

the location submitted is in the 5* range according to niantic guidelines. then why it should be moved at all? it was moved implicitly before it appeared in the game. so i do not want to move it, i want it to return it to submitted location.

by the iron logic - why do you think the moved spot is most accurate? let then submit the real object polygon and calculate the center of the portal area with GIS capabilities. that will be absolute accurate, not some stupid point inside, clicked on google maps in the small review window.

first of all i go to that portals and i need to stay in peace with real people living near me, who are not in the game. who knows better about the real place, submitter or someone from 3*3 s2 cells around first saw the object in the google maps and think - ou, lets move it somewhere inside the object just cause to be very accurate reviewer? that one will not go to them never. understand, what doesnt matter in pgo - 10m one way or the other, that is important for ing - to reach the center of the portal to minimize waste of items. i will go to the center anyway, stand there for a minute, looking at the phone screen.

the next is the gps amplitude. the real spot depends on weather conditions, metal constructions around, buildings (and even on moon phases i believe :) ) it varies in a radius of 2-5m everyday, and there is a delay, you need to stand quite for some seconds to the exact position. i will search the center with the phone, walking now around the playground between the children. if niantic wants people to hate us? the submitted locations were near the objects, what do you need more? make the game less friendly? to start conflicts with neighbors?

and one more thing - all 3 are NOT my home portals. niantic can check it easily. i just want you not to forget, that there is something else outside the game, and all people in the game and who know nothing about the game could reach their needs in harmony, not vice versus.

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Rejection Criteria:

Location linked to abuse

Locations that have been deliberately or strategically placed to give an advantage to a player or a group. Or modifications of locations that want to move the Wayspot away from the object to which it is associated

edited June 2021

actually, i'd like to get an interpretation from the stuff, not only from pgo players

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Them you will be waiting a long time. Niantic mods tend not to comment on anything where the comment could be taken as something along the lines of "But NianticCasey said stuff like this was acceptable". As for the pins, put them on the POI, looks like the reviewers did the correct things when reviewing.

• Hi there, @kitanchik-ING! Reviewers have the option to suggest a new location for a Wayspot during the review process if the location of the Wayspot is not accurate. If enough reviewers suggest the same location, the Wayspot will appear at the new location once approved.

Based on our research, the Wayspots are at the correct location.