Russia Challenge Feedback
This is the first of the challenges I have participated in. It seems to have been a great success, so far more than doubling the initial goal. I had fun with it personally and am pleased with the upcoming rewards.
These things helped a lot with getting people excited about reviewing:
- Letting people know the actual rewards from the start,
- Being clear that yes, you can change your location back at the end of the event
- Being more responsive/helpful on the forum
Some suggestions I have for making future events even better:
- Logic prioritizing challenge areas - the ideal situation IMO would have a toggle or checkbox that when set to on, only feeds submissions from that area. I frequently had long stretches of no Russian reviews even when I was in the mood to do them.
- Allowing multiple hometown/bonus resets during the course of the event. I and others noticed a steep drop off of Russian reviews after the initial batch in the hometown I chose (so much so that I moved my Bonus to Moscow to keep helping out, even though it may be stuck there for up to a year). Some people chose remote areas and got no Russian reviews at all. It would be good to be able to move around to help out different areas.
- If not the above, then either let us review country-wide for the target country, or at the least a list of target cities/locations with large backlogs that need extra help.
Thanks for reading!