abuse:Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle(Case at Ibaraki Pref)

Hi, @NianticGiffard .

I am writing to you because during Wayfarer! review I discovered an application that is just plain false.

First of all, please have a look at the following information.

City: 2 Chome-6 Sannomaru, Mito, Ibaraki Pref. 310-0011, Japan

Original Photo URL

Google Street View

I will try to translate the titles and descriptions written in Japanese into English.

Title:水戸城大手門

Title:Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle

Description:追加説明 夜の大手門

Description:Additional Description: Ote-mon Gate at Night

補足情報:

既に登録されているのは「大手橋」で門とは違います。大手橋より大手門は歴史的な意義も大きいものと思います。車では入ることができず、

トレーナーにとっては安全な場所であり、近くに無料の駐車場もあり、ストップ、あるいはジムに最適な、周囲に優先して登録すべき場所であると確信します。

Additional information:.

Already registered is "Ote-bashi-bridge", which is different from the gate. The Ote-mon Gate is more historically significant than the Ote-bashi-bridge. It is not accessible by car.

It is a safe place for (Pokémon) Trainers, and with free parking nearby, I believe it is the best place for a (Poké) Stop or Gym and should be registered in preference to its surroundings.

We immediately notice that the "水戸城大手門(Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle)" Wayspot is already ONLINE to the west of the red pin.

If that's all there is to it, you can simply treat it as a "duplicate".

But it's not that simple.

Let's read the text of the supplementary information again.

"Additional information:.

Already registered is "Ote-bashi-bridge"," the applicant clearly states.

Yes,We found a discover the falsehood.

Next, I would like to introduce you to a page on the official website of Mito City, concerning the "Restored Ote-mon Gate of Mito Castle".

And next, take a look at the Google Street View of the area around the "Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle" Wayspot, which is already ONLINE.

1) Official website of Mito City, concerning the "Restored Ote-mon Gate of Mito Castle".

2) Google Street View of Wayspot, which is already ONLINE

3) The original photo of the application with the words "Already registered is Ote-bashi-bridge".

We know that all of this, from 1) to 3), is the same construction.

Then take a closer look again at the gate in the Google Street View of the location where the application was made. This is not the "Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle".

I hope that you have understood from the previous explanations that this is a malicious and deceptive application, with the false claim in the supplementary information section that "Already registered is "Ote-bashi-bridge"".

But this is not all.

The worst is yet to come.

Let's zoom in the Google Street View of the applied for location.

The word "小学校(syou-gakkou)" in Japanese means primary schools means.

and

The word "幼稚園(you-chi-en)" in Japanese means kindergarten means.

That's right. As you may have noticed, this applicant has not only made a false application, in a false location, but is also trying to apply for a location where there is a primary school and a kindergarten.

I have to say that this is a very malicious applicant who is very bad post.

Attempting to entrap us Wayfinder! with false information.

And that the applicant plotted to build a fake waypoint in the place of a primary school or kindergarten.

These are unacceptable actions.

I would like you to investigate this application and the applicant.Please.

I understand you are very busy, but I appreciate your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for reporting it, @MagicalThorn-ING! I'll share your report with our team and have it reviewed.

• MagicalThorn-INGMagicalThorn-ING Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi, @NianticGiffard .

Today, I came across another application for the Ote-mon Gate at Mito Castle.

The description reads.

The description says: "A heritage site different from the already registered 'Ote Bridge'. This is not the case.

Ote Bridge Wayspot?

is not ONLINE.

The supplementary information says

It is also a place of historical interest for trainers. The bridge was restored in 2021 and was not registered as a PokéStop when Otebashi was registered as a PokéStop. We would love to see it registered as a PokéStop after Otemachi Bridge.

It is written as follows.

Currently, there is no Wayspot named "Oteibashi(Ote Bridge)".

Also, as mentioned above, there is already a Wayspot named "水戸城大手門(Ote-mon at Mito Castle)".

Moreover, the Wayspot is located farther west from this application site.

What we can glean from this application is that

It is possible that there was a Wayspot named "Otemachi Bridge" in the past, but it was renamed and the photo was replaced with the "Mito Castle Otemon" Wayspot.

I understand that you are busy, but we would like you to investigate this applicant as well.

• Hi there, @MagicalThorn-ING! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.