Invalid Wayspot Removal Request

HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Title: Sleepy Pussy

Harrogate, UK

Additional info and photo evidence:

This has already been removed from Pokémon Go due to being on private residential property, but it remains in your other games, and for some reason my removal request was rejected.

That should be a link to a photosphere at the location of the portal (if it fails, you can access the photosphere on Google maps by typing in the coordinates of the wayspot). As you can see, you can't actually see the object in this photosphere as it's in the garden behind the railings, and they have plants growing that obscure it.

This photo shows the same railings that can be seen in the photosphere (and if my camera was set correctly, it should also contain location data to verify that it was taken in the same location as the photosphere). If you look through the second gap to the left of the thicker post in the railings, you can just about **** the object through the plants. Given that this is a private residence, I couldn't go into the garden and get a better picture, and this was pretty much the only angle I could find where you could still see the object without trespassing.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We took another look at the Pokéstop/Gym in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time. However, we have made necessary adjustments to the Pokéstop/Gym Location.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@NianticGiffard I provided both a photosphere and a photograph taken from outside of the garden in question. I'm not sure what else I can do to prove that this is on private residential property without resorting to behaviour that would not be tolerated by the homeowners.

In order to get a better photo than the one I've provided, I would absolutely have to trespass. There is no other way to get a clearer photo than the one I took (believe me, I checked the various angles and that was the only one where you could see into the garden and see the sculpture). There's just too much plant life in the garden to get a clear picture from the path outside of the property, especially given the sculpture is right in the corner of the garden. Last time I checked, Niantic do not wish to encourage people to trespass on private residential property. Therefore, can you please advise what I should do in this situation?

Maybe you can book a flight to the UK and I'll happily show you in person that this is on private residential property? :)

Post edited by HankWolfman-PGO on
  • HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

This photo should also contain location data. It is another shot of the invalid wayspot, now with slightly less foliage. I have highlighted the invalid wayspot in this picture:

You can see the railings match up with those in my photosphere taken outside the private residential property in question: https://www.google.com/maps/@53.990732,-1.5426472,3a,75y,191h/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sAF1QipOw4pz2PqyVnKTvVy1vvDLM3WIdGEsRI_9Tivu0!2e10

I would like to ask you to overturn your previous decision and retire the Sleepy Pussy wayspot due to it being blatantly invalid. @NianticGiffard