Wayfarer Submissions that get approved

Hi All, I was hoping to have a discussion around waypoint submissions that get approved. i know in our Niantic games we have a badge for agreements. I think it would be cool as well if we have one for waypoints that we submit and get approved this shows commitment to improving and building your local community which is right in line with Niantic's mission. Also it incentivizes people to add waypoints to their local communities. Does anyone see a reason why this would be a bad idea? Maybe the queue would be flooded with fake nominations but I think this would do more good than harm. People would even probably review more to earn upgrades to get their submissions approved if it counts towards an in game badge.

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress used to have a Seer badge. It got retired a long time ago, and I think the underlying reason had to do with a flood of mediocre submissions.

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

We already have enough moar stopz without reason to add more, it's the same reason Seer badge got retired because of the amount of garbage people submitted purely for the badge, imagine that but on PoGo scale, it'd be nothing but people submitting their homes.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

Accepted submissions are kind of their own reward, aren't they? Ingress players get a new portal, Pokemon Go players get a new gym or pokestop, HPWU gets a new inn, other games get other map elements. Adding additional incentives would likely add to the lengthy wait times for acceptance/rejection, and there's no guarantee that those newly-motivated submitters would even think to start reviewing. They'd be more likely to submit a lot of sub-par candidates (not placing blame solely on submitters, the criteria education is truly awful) and then give up after months of silence with no final vote.

I like the metric for Portals Discovered in Ingress, though. It IS fun to watch that number rise.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

Ingress plays also get a very handy Portal Key and 1000 XM . :)

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

We also still have a stat line for "portals created" I almost have enough for Platinum Seer (if that was still a thing) I guess I'll have to pretend my Silver is really Platinum.