Strange Editing at the Stone Torii

During the screening process, I came across a very strange edit.

Title of the Wayspot:谷地中の石鳥居 案内板

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=38.390853,140.423128&z=17&pll=38.390853,140.423128

City: 天童市

Indeed, the photo of the spot is an information board, and the title is also an information board.

However, since the location information is the location of the torii and the suggested location is the location of the information board, there does not seem to be a problem with this edit.

I have been to the site and have confirmed that as well.

However, there are three photos of the torii in the spot.

I'll check the timeline in Pokémon GO.

The first photo when it was first applied for was the information board. This seems to be an application around the time the SEER medal count was added.

Next, a photo of the torii gate was added from ingress.

The other two photos were applied from Pokémon GO.

And it turns out that one of these photos was marked as a duplicate when I applied for the torii.

Translation of the tweet

That's impossible, I wrote in the supplementary explanation that the "torii information board" is currently a spot and it's at the location of the torii gate, unlike the location of the sign, so it should be reviewed as separate from the information board, but it was marked as a duplicate.

I wrote in the supplementary explanation that the torii was to be reviewed as separate from the information board because it was located at a different place than the signboard, but it was marked as a duplicate.

...Thinking about it, this application may have been abusive because there is already a spot at the location of the torii gate, so I deliberately moved it away from there.

And it's possible that they made this positional edit because they wanted to apply for it again.

But this is within the 10m editing limit. Where you move it to the sign position, it will not be approved unless you intentionally move it away from the correct position.

What should this spot really be?

Respect the torii itself and keep the title “谷地中の石鳥居” and not change the position?

Respecting the sign, change the location but keep the title?

Does the series of actions of the applicant constitute an abuse of the system?

Please investigate these three points.

This is a very complicated report, but I appreciate your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey @Markov2097-ING! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the 2 Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.