Got my upgrades, and they’ve rejected everything

I’ve been doing Wayfarer for a year and a half and a large majority of my submissions have been accepted, because I don’t submit complete garbage. However, the last four upgrades I’ve used, three of them rewarded from the Russia challenge, have caused four perfectly acceptable nominations to be rejected.

I’ll break them down…

Little Free Pantries are pretty much the equivalent to Little Free Libraries. They get accepted if they’re on public property and rejected if they’re on residential property. This one is at a church, as are a handful of others in town that have been accepted.

Two other bridges that cross the Missouri River along the same walking path were accepted, this one was rejected. One of the accepted ones is a rail-only bridge, so you can’t use the “no pedestrian access” excuse for why this was rejected. It goes directly over a park that has 8 other Wayspots.

Picnic areas are a common easily accepted submission. What’s wrong with this one? It’s under some shade at a local mall. Safely accessible, otherwise it wouldn’t exist at all.

And the scoreboard, well, 7 other scoreboards in the same complex were approved a year ago. This one has been rejected twice now. Do people have a problem with the number 3?

Clearly I’m super heated at the moment and came here to vent, since I’ve waited months for these to get accepted, while other garbage with all kinds of typos in the titles and descriptions have recently been approved. Anyone else having a problem with eligible nominations getting rejected by these recently rewarded upgrades, if you managed to get any at all?

Comments

• EricND1989-PGOEricND1989-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

Nice opinion buddy, too bad it’s wrong. And before you get all high and mighty because you play Ingress instead of PoGo, most of the pantries were submitted by high profile Ingress players in the area. You’d be pissed too if you waited months for acceptable nominations to get instantly rejected with an upgrade.

Just to humor you, here’s the bridge, and my current standing in Wayfarer.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad that your opinion is wrong too. I'm not an Ingress player, I'm a level 48 Trainer.

You have replied again comparing existing PoI with your nomination and the only thing that I've told you is that you shouldn't do that. There are too many approved PoI that should have been rejected with the current rules.

• Surquenon-PGOSurquenon-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

If you've been doing Wayfarer for a year and you're submitting things that don't meet criterias well maybe you've been doing it wrong all along...

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

I’ll break them down…

Little Free Pantries are pretty much the equivalent to Little Free Libraries. They get accepted if they’re on public property and rejected if they’re on residential property. This one is at a church, as are a handful of others in town that have been accepted.

Clarified as not eligible

Two other bridges that cross the Missouri River along the same walking path were accepted, this one was rejected. One of the accepted ones is a rail-only bridge, so you can’t use the “no pedestrian access” excuse for why this was rejected. It goes directly over a park that has 8 other Wayspots.

Historic is subjective without it being actually declared historic.

Picnic areas are a common easily accepted submission. What’s wrong with this one? It’s under some shade at a local mall. Safely accessible, otherwise it wouldn’t exist at all.

Not true at all, picnic areas are one of the toughest to get past the generic nature of them.

And the scoreboard, well, 7 other scoreboards in the same complex were approved a year ago. This one has been rejected twice now. Do people have a problem with the number 3?

Clarified to being just an extension of a field and not necessarily valid on their own.

Clearly I’m super heated at the moment and came here to vent, since I’ve waited months for these to get accepted, while other garbage with all kinds of typos in the titles and descriptions have recently been approved. Anyone else having a problem with eligible nominations getting rejected by these recently rewarded upgrades, if you managed to get any at all?

None of these were sho in nominations, and only 2 marginally eligible. You cant assume criteria based on what is in game, criteria changes often and non eligible things make it in.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Little Food Pantries (AKA Blessing Boxes) do not and have never meet criteria. I asked about this during an AMA the response then was BBs and LFLs are not the same and that LFL are eligible because they are libraries and not because of their format.
    2. Common road bridges are not eligible and generally don't have safe pedestrian access, especially if it is part of the Interstate or other multi-lane highway system.
    3. A picnic table doesn't meet criteria either.
    4. Scoreboards do not meet criteria, but may serve as a physical proxy for an athletic field.

And finally, just because other similar Wayspots exist doesn't mean that these are eligible or that they should have been accepted. Those other Wayspots may have been incorrectly accepted by reviewers who aren't as well versed in the criteria or simply don't care because they want "more Pokestops for everyone!"

• EricND1989-PGOEricND1989-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

My account status speaks otherwise. I’ve reviewed hundreds of bridges, picnic areas, and scoreboards from all over the place, not just my home area. If I’ve been “doing it wrong”, well then dang, do you think my Wayfinder rating would be set to “Great”?

And the excuse that “people are uncomfortable visiting pantries with people hanging around them on their phone” is pretty pathetic, since little free libraries are the same concept, with books instead of food.

Just wanna see some consistency. Curious to see what you people are submitting.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

you wanna see consistency but then you confirm you approve ineligible things... adding to the inconsistencies.

• Surquenon-PGOSurquenon-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

At this point, this would be a better discussion for this part of the forum since you don't seem to know what is or is not a good wayspot.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/categories/criteria-clarifications

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

While I didn't participate I have upgrades going through during the same time period:

The only public wharf in a town - approved upgraded

A sign for a combination boat ramp and park - approved upgraded

Plaque for historic home currently used as business - rejected not upgraded

Infographic about the importance of natural plants and runoff - approved upgraded

Exercise station - accepted not upgraded

The historic plaque had simliar ones accepted in the past but it was rejected by local reviewers. Although inconsistency is annoying, I don't think it's upgrades causing the inconsistency. But yes recently upgrades are being approved.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, @EricNDofWG-PGO you shouldnt **** people by telling Them that they are p*****.

Your Attitude clearly shows the Anger you have.

Your Submissions were rejected. The reviewers did a good Job there.

If you want to resubmit them, you might be lucky and one will get accepted.

Otherwise, you could Read the Rules and submit Things that are better suited.

Also, you might try to find a Game and Community that suits your Attitude.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're showing a total lack of empathy with the people that might use those pantry boxes. They are not the same concept at all.

A Little food pantry is used by people that lack the money to buy those items, and due to cultural and education issues it should be easy to understand that some people might not want that other neighbors realize that they are in such a dire situation that they need this help.

A little free library works on a different concept: Take one, leave one. If you're a book reader you might find yourself that your buying books and then you end up without enough space to store them, so by using these boxes you can exchange them with your neighbors, it's just like a library, but in small size.