Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Dimytes-PGODimytes-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    • edited * Duplicate
    Post edited by Dimytes-PGO on
    edited July 2020

I have almost stoped reviewing due to this bug. The last month I have made 19 reviews just to check if anything has changed, it hasn't. While I have made those 19 reviews I have had 94 agreements! There is a a HUGE lag in the review process. Normally when I make a nomination it is reviewed within 4-10 days.

Currently my agreement counter is increasing 4 times faster than my review counter but still I am red.

2020-06-14

Total reviewed 7052

Processed and Agreement 4296

2020-07-12

Total reviewed 7071

Processed and Agreement 4390

Ok so...

"As time goes on, and you review more nominations, this rating will change based on a few criteria, including your agreement with Niantic-selected nominations used to assess quality, agreement with the community decision, the speed and consistency of your reviews and more."

So speed is a factor. It is important to know how slow you must be to not be considered a bad reviewer.

Many reviews I make I can see within seconds if I shall reject or accept it. A photo of a just a tree or a lake does not take me 2 minutes to figure out if it is a good or bad nomination, its rejected within 5-10 seconds if there are no signs. A playground is also very fast, all I have to check is that is not on an illegal location and not a duplicate. Finally I check that it is on the location, this usually takes less than 30 seconds if the playground is clearly visible and there is nothing that looks weird on the satelite view that makes me go "hmmmmm".

Only nominations that are hard to see from satelite view and there is no 360 view available require me to check the surrondings in order to identify that the object is at the correct location will take me more than 1 minute to review.

Ofcourse nominations that are good but there is no fact to backup the claim in the nomination can take quite some time. If there is nothing that backups what is claimed for example claiming a building is a historical building but all you see on the phote is a nornal building I usually reject if there is nothing on the map / streetview that backs it up.

Sometimes, when I have time, I put some time to google it if I think it would be a great nomination if it is true what is said. Thats is more than is required when reviewing I think.

• Petemagnus-PGOPetemagnus-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I’m very tired! I’m continuing to assess wayspot but my rating is always red. Resolve it, please! I’ve been in green zone for a year and after five reviews I’m in red since two weeks ago. It’s unreasonable...

• Gaita91-INGGaita91-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

It all makes sense now, thank you for this post. When I read your post, I wanted to test if it would be the case for me as well. So I drove to next cell (one cell south that where I usually play). I made 8 nominations and they all are now approved, it took less than a week to get all approved. I also drove to another cell (one cell north), nothing yet in 2 weeks... And the cell where I normally play, all stuck for over 2 months now (only way to get approved is using upgrade). Big difference.

It all started at the end of April (April 29th I got 2 approved after being reviewed for only 3 days), difference is very easy to see.

And I also think that you got it right with pending nominations hurt your rating. I don't care reviewing much, but I tried it (2*recon, and I'm little short of getting recon badge upgraded from gold) and was immediately red. Waited 2 weeks and reviewed again and I was suddenly back to orange. Now I'm back to red though.

I like to nominate new portals and continue to do so, even though there is a major bug infecting all players in my area (no one gets anything approved). I'm reading this thread every now and then and just wait @NianticCasey-ING to reply that they have been able to reproduce this problem and are going to fix it. It shouldn't be that difficult to do it, even I succeeded it in no time.

• jontebula-INGjontebula-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Have Niantic resove the bug now? I am on yellow now (Good)

Please answer @NianticCasey-ING @NianticBrian-ING if Niantic resolve the bug now.

• Ou71and3r-PGOOu71and3r-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

No, all players here from Bulgaria are in Red from April. Most of them hardly vote because of the bug and plan to give up Wayfarer altogether.

• squirosCR-INGsquirosCR-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

Any news about this issue? out of nothing we are all in the red poor rating... i wonder who keeps on the green then, even after being a successful reviewer with several valid portals / pokestops / whatever approved and not removed by other players.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

The "news" given is linked a few comments up. They have stated the system is working properly. They specifically mentioned pre-reviewed nominations that they check first. If you disagree with a nomination pre-reviewed by Niantic, it likely has a very negative impact on your rating.

• Rostwold-INGRostwold-ING Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like a duplicate of the bug thread titled "Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason", I suggest you post in that thread and upvote it.

• jontebula-INGjontebula-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Bug now and we never cant get green. @NianticCasey-ING

• Elmek38-INGElmek38-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

Have stayed green for some time now, slowly reviewing more and more but allways use around 1-2min per review.

• nineko84-PGOnineko84-PGO Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hey, so that's why I went from green to yellow a few weeks ago, I knew that people had to be voting wrong, because I always acted according to the guidelines. I somehow managed to be back at green recently, though.

Also hi, it turns out that this is my first post on this forum, I actually tried to post a topic in another section several hours ago (I came here to ask what was wrong with a rejected submission I made), but I guess that it wasn't approved.

• IsmaHearth-PGOIsmaHearth-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same issue here, my rating dropped into the red for the first time ever today.

• OGMagus-INGOGMagus-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

So, at about 54000 reviews in green, I suddenly found myself in yellow for the first time. Less than one week later, RED.

Only difference is that I have been reviewing less to avoid the "no more" bug. @SF88-ING said it well, I feel like an idiot.

• goshitisme-INGgoshitisme-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

I am sure you are not. The system must be flawed. You are well known here locally for having high quality portal submissions and I believe your reviewing behaviour would match the quality of the portals I have been seeing coming online from you.

• Goddess1974-INGGoddess1974-ING Posts: 217 ✭✭✭✭

First of 54,000 reviews well done and thank you.

Second I could not agree more with you and know the feeling, it's happening everywhere I'm at a total loss myself I honestly as you can understand don't know what I've done wrong after months of faithful service and months in green excellent rating.

• Rostwold-INGRostwold-ING Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

The more I read this thread, the more convinced I am that there's a bug that causes rating drops to be allocated to the wrong players. It's a simple explanation that fits the facts far better than the alternative: that all 181 people who upvoted this thread, including many like @OGMagus-ING with years of unblemished records, are actually incompetent.

If penalties are going to the wrong players, that would also help explain why we're seeing so much ineligible junk get accepted and so many ridiculous rejection reasons go unpunished.

• Vegetano1-PGOVegetano1-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

So been months now,..... I am still in the red... I vote,... I nominate,....

Plss fix this,... Its broken,.... I want credit,... Recon badge and in pokemon Go,....!!

• Kusi24-INGKusi24-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

My roller-coaster ride continues :). I have been green for almost a month now and decided to increase my review rate a little from approx 5 a day to 20 a day. Effect: after three days back to yellow for the 4th time (was also red twice). Obviously the amount of backlog increases if you review more. I still have the impression that the amount of reviews still in voting is considered as non-agreements and causes the drop of the reviewers rating, which is just plane wrong?

I'm going to drastically reduce my number of reviews again, trying to go back to green. If it's this what Niantic wants???

When do we finally get a feedback in any way where we get some info what we are doing wrong. The current behaviour is just disrespectful to the reviewers, who work for free and try to do their best..