Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Russia Challenge Killed My Upgrade

13»

Comments

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard @NianticTintino Happy Monday!

Still looking for resolution of this bug. Both my "upgraded nominates one from June and one from August are still stuck in voting now after over 90 days and over 40 days.

• KitKat07-PGOKitKat07-PGO Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@NianticDanbocat Hi, I saw that you did an updated announcement for some bugs including the "." rejection reason https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/23572/bug-squashing#latest. However, this updated did not cover the stuck upgrade bug that this thread is about. Was this the update you talked about on September 23? I thought that update would be about the stuck upgraded nominations since you said I was right. Is a fix coming soon? Is this still being investigated? Please keep us updated on this issue.

@NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard @NianticTintino

Happy Wednesday! I am a little late on my weekly reminder post.

This is your weekly reminder this BUG is still happening and still affecting nominations. Upgrades are supposed to increase the likelihood of a nomination appearing in someones queue. Generally speaking if "More" people are seeing it, its more likely to be approved/rejected sooner. No "set" timing on resolution. However, my wife has something upgraded from June thats still stuck (see earlier post) and I have something from mid August still stuck (see earlier post).

These nominations are acting as if they are not even upgraded. Could someone at least **** the Upgrade off so I can reupgrade them or just manually review them at this point. Its super frustrating this Bug report page is getting ignored.

@NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard Hi, I am checking in to see if there is any news on the fix to the stuck upgrades? As stated before, a simple "still working on it" goes a long way. Hope to hear back from someone soon! Please keep the conversation alive. 😀

@NianticTintino @NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard

This is going to be my final bump on this thread. Its obvious that no one seems to care about bug fixes or responding on bug reports.

Please feel free to review my previous comments, but at this point I guess ill wait 2 years for these to resolve naturally or not at all. I am pretty much all but stopped reviewing because whats the point if upgrades don't even work as intended anymore.

• Hi Explorers,

As previously explained by @NianticDanbocat, the Upgrades do not guarantee a specific processing time. The instances where you see upgraded nominations being processed faster than non-upgraded nominations are because they are getting the number of votes making it leaning towards an accept or reject. For those upgraded that have not yet received a decision, it may mean that the reviewing community as a whole hasn’t yet come to a conclusion and the votes are balanced; therefore, a decision hasn’t been reached. Thanks!

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador
    edited October 2021

That may sound good on paper, but that's not how upgrades actually work or how they are intended to work. They do guarantee a larger reviewer audience which, in turn, does decrease turnaround time. Please spend more time looking into some of these and you'll see something isn't working correctly.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

@NianticTintino no offense, but this isnt our first rodeo, we know how upgrades work, and this isnt natural. Please trust the community when they tell you something is wrong and do a real investigation on the affected nominations and check why they are STUCK.

I believe hasty generalizations are being made for this situation. Let’s say for a second upgrades are working as intended, how do you explain the majority of reports in this case being related specifically to upgrades used on 6/16/21 and only a small amount of other examples. A coincidence? No, it’s a specific pattern, this issue presented at the same time majority of accounts received upgrades from Russia. So if they are truly working as intended how can this anomaly be explained.

Now the second nomination I am escalating here doesn’t fit the mold of being a 6/16/22 upgrade. However, it does fall into a previous issue category of “abuse” flagging or censored word. While the nomination is using the proper name of the establishment it’s very possible for it to be marked for abuse or be stuck in some sort of filter or word censor. So despite upgrades “working as intended” I don’t think the nomination is working as intended. Please see previous posts the famous restaurant is named biscuits & p….

Please actually review this case and situations. If you ask any wayfarer user how upgrades work and what effect they have on a nomination the results would be clear.

Hi @NianticTintino , Thank you for responding. I appreciate someone finally getting back to us.

However as already pointed out,  Upgrades have a faster turnaround time due to them going to a larger reviewer audience. It is also externally abnormal for an upgrade within the USA to take longer than a few days to resolve. These have been stuck for months. Many of the affected nominations are in areas with many reviewers, so that doesn't explain it either. The behavior we are experiencing is not normal upgrade behavior and is therefore a bug. This bug was being looked into when nomination details were asked for by  @NianticGiffard on August 10th, August 17th, and September 20th, and you on August 27th. It was already acknowledged that this is a bug multiple times earlier on this thread. Please see the attached clipped acknowledgments below.

So why if this issue was acknowledged as a bug previously, then are you now saying that this is normal Upgrade behavior? If these were normal upgrade behaviors, why was the investigation needed in the first place? If it is not a bug, why is this still being investigated? Are you all still investigating this? Does this mean Upgrade behaviors will change in the future?

As I have previously stated, "I hypothesize these nominations are not upgraded and will resolve in the normal area time frame for nominations rather than a quicker decision that an upgrade gives".  Is this why you compared non-upgraded nominations to upgraded, as to point out that these stuck upgrades are not upgraded? Many of us have noticed that these stuck upgrades act like regular nominations. So are they falsely labeled as Upgraded, when they are not? Is this due to Niantic not wanting to admit they messed up again on upgrades?

As I have also previously pointed out, these upgrades that are stuck were implemented by Niantic on June 16th as reimbursement for previously bugged upgrades. These reimbursement upgrades were talked about in: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/17850/an-update-on-bugs-introduced-by-infrastructure-work#latest. This means that upgrades do get bugged as they were bugged before. So again, why is this now being treated as bugged upgrades don't happen?

As I have also previously stated, "For these stuck and bugged upgrades to be a reimbursement for previously bugged upgrades is a breach of trust, and their lack of communication on the issue feels like a slap in the face". To come back and now say that these upgrades are not bugged, is a punch to the gut after a slap in the face to your community!

You also mentioned @NianticDanbocat's response, however even in this thread, they had stated that "there may have been misunderstanding back then" after their response as a follow up (please see below).

This was in response to the "." bug being previously resolved. However, I am still not sure why he CC me and said I was right, if that response was only for the "." bug. I feel there is a misunderstanding now with these stuck upgraded nominations that is not being acknowledged by Niantic.

Instead of coming back with generalized and canned response, I was hoping for a more thoughtful response (as you can see I give detailed feedback). This however does not mean ghosting us on this issue. I understand if you all are still investigating it and need time, just be honest. That is why I have encouraged for simple updates on the issue many times. An honest and thoughtful answer back would calm the frustrations of the community, rather than the just adding to the frustrations as your canned generic response did.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

@NianticDanbocat can you take a look at this issue that @NianticTintino just dismissed?

• Baalicho-PGOBaalicho-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Is there any news about this? Did any of the nominations stuck in queque get into voting?

• Zadro00-PGOZadro00-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard @NianticTintino @Danbocat-PGO

Hey just following up with this as there is still no resolution to this issue. The nomination I applied an upgrade to way back in June, 6 months ago, is still in voting. I provided the details as requested back in August as well.

• Hi guys! The actual time for a submission to be reviewed varies from submission to submission depending upon various factors such as the number of reviewers available and backlogs for the location, performance rating of reviewers. Therefore, we are unable to share an exact time frame. Also, if you make changes to a submission, it may get pushed down the queue.

Having said that, we are taking steps to reduce the time taken for reviews. We are also prioritizing the oldest nominations in the queues for analysis. We appreciate your patience and you should see the changes reflect eventually.

• Zadro00-PGOZadro00-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard Thank you for the reply. However I do not believe you correctly understand the issue. Is it normal for a nomination to still be in voting 6 months after an upgrade was applied to the nomination? Let me reiterate because it seems you misunderstand. This nomination has been upgraded for 6 months! Also to make it as clear as possible, I do not mean upgrade next. You can see in the attached screenshot, the nomination is tagged as upgraded.

edited December 2021

@NianticGiffard I agree with @Zadro00-PGO that this issue was misunderstood still. These nominations have been stuck in voting for over 6 months, after being upgraded. This is not normal for upgrades. Other Upgraded nominations, made in the same areas after these, resolved in those 6 months. Yet, still no word on these bugged upgrades. Leading to the fact that there is a different problem rather than number of reviewers or backlog. Perhaps it is related to the last time Upgrades were bugged.

To further reiterate this misinterpretation, editing a nomination does seem to push it back into queue, however you can't edit an In-Voting nomination. If you try to, you get a "!" and an invalid error. Since these particular nominations have been stuck In-Voting over 6 months, after being Upgraded, edits do not explain why these are still stuck In-Voting.

Maybe including an applied date for upgrades as well as a resolved/decision date on nominations will help with this issue. Since most (if not all) of these bugged Upgrades were related to June 16th, 2021 (be it due to the reimbursement of last bugged Upgrades and/or the mass Upgrades from the Russia Challenge), this would give the community an idea if Upgrades get lost or bugged. At the very least, it would give the nomination and upgrade a time frame which Wayfinders could use to approximate their area rather than be left with no response.

• Hi guys, I got your concern is how a nomination is still stuck in voting for quite a long time despite having it upgraded.

Just to let you know yes, upgrades do fast track nominations for reviewing however they (Upgraded nominations) still adhere to the same criteria as standard nominations to be accepted, there is no change to that.

Also to reiterate what I said in my previous response, we are aware of such cases and are manually reviewing such old nominations where they apparently seem stuck due to unknown reasons.

In addition to that, I will also take it as feedback to improve your Wayfarer experience!

@NianticGiffard Hello, I hope you are doing well today. Your last response from December of 2021 (oh my time certainty does fly) mentioned the team manually reviewing old nominations stuck for unknown reasons. I wanted to bring back up now that my nomination from 321 days ago that has been upgraded as of 321 days ago and IN VOTING as of 317 days ago is still stuck. Please take a look at Biscuits N' ____ and see why its still stuck despite your previous message of old stuck nominations being manually reviewed.

Please take a look at this. Despite the name its a very legitimate nomination and a popular hotspot in the region. I mean the restaurant had 4.7 stars on google after 1.3k reviews and a tourist must stop.