Would these 2 spots be good ?

Hello Everyone,

In your opinion, will these 2 spots make a good submission ?

The first one is a mosaic of plants located in the entrance hall of an airport.

The second one is à bench located on a educational trail. I thought to highlight the panoramic point of view's part.

What do you think ?

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mosaic has good potential. I would presume that the plaquad beside it gives the title and artist information. Be sure to include that as part of your supporting photo.

The bench, however, has no chance. Just because it is next to an exercise trail or at a scenic point doesn't mean it meets criteria.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

@TheFarix-PGO I actually lean the other way on this. The vertical garden could be characterized as art but I don't see anything that looks like a plague or details about the artist. The sign next to it is for social distance and mask wearing. It presents itself more likely its just a décor piece. Marginal at best.

The second one is a better candidate to me but you will run into folks who see the bench and assume you are submitting that and not the scenic view point, which I think is 100% eligible. It promotes exploration and is visually stunning. To get this one through it will very much rely on how the POI is presented. The bench is the anchor but the POI is the Scenic View Point. If its part of a park or named trail then include that in the Title and Description.

Neither of these are slam dunks since reviewers will see them very differently. It will really depend on the write up, but sometimes that doesn't matter. A lot of reviewers read a book by its cover. Good luck.

• RedWIRE007-PGORedWIRE007-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thank you very much both of you for your answers. I will try and let you know how it went.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The art piece involving the plants I absolutely love. That is a decent nomination.

The bench, that's a bit hit and miss with reviewers. It would need a decent write up and a lot of evidence to prove it's part of a trail.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plastic trees - temporary display.

Bench - ineligible.