Ineligible Nomination

Yesterday I submitted a Nomination for my local area. it's totally eligible and it's could be a good waypoint.. It's mark on Google maps, 360° view available.

But it's rejected and reason shows Nomination doesn't meet criteria..

Now i submit it again..

Our local community is totally trash i think they didn't check Nomination properly Please help me to build some good waypoints..

Screenshot below..

Comments

• theHarryPutter-PGOtheHarryPutter-PGO Posts: 94 ✭✭

Well, I am not 100% sure what you are nominating. The city or the signpost? Because maybe you need to either focus of that more or submit a plaque on the post instead. The real rejection reason must have been they just weren’t sure what you were nominating.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fare to your local community there has been a lot of back and forth on if a swimming pool is acceptable or not and they may not be aware that they are.

Firstly I'd take a better picture of the sign, its not great. I Can understand that you were trying to show the sign and the pool but by trying to do both you've not made either look their best. I would concentrate on the sign for the main pic and use the support picture to show both.

Re word your description, it lacks flair as if you're not that intersted in the POI. Im not saying that is the case but it comes across as bland, which coupled with the grammar error gives the impression that you don't care about the submission.

Talk about it being named after the person, how its a community gathering spot and frequently used etc, sell the submission.

Use the support statement to reinforce the community aspect while also politely saying that public swimming pools are now acceptable as per the Nov 2020 AMA

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like an entryway to something. Or are you nominating the river? Why is that entryway itself interesting? Surely thousands look like that. Is that specific arch a destination for exploring, exercise, or socialization? Spell it out for reviewers.