Banners (Face, phone numbers, and personal informations).

About :

• When reviewing wayspot submissions, I occasionally stumble across point of interests than contain banners in the photos.

Question :

1. If banners include face(s) of person(s), be it public figure, ad. models or total strangers, and/or contain critical infos like phone numbers, online group meeting codes, etc. Should I reject?
  2. If you have to fully zoom onto the image in order to identify said face / critical information. Should I reject?

Comments

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about people posting advertisements for goods/services/businesses that may have a photo of the seller/contact info that are incidentally included in the Wayspot photo? I would not vote to reject those. They've been posted in a public space to be seen and utilized by the public.

I think that's what you're referring to, but an example photo would help.

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

@BaltiCalling-ING I didn't have any, but here's sample I found from Google Image.

Point of interest : Religious building.

But the apllicant made some mistake by including a banner into the photo.

Banner : Public notification to restrict religious activities. It contains faces ( Chief police officers, Governor, and Religious leader).

As stated in Wayfarer Help - Photo Guidelines;

The following should not be submitted and, when reviewing, should be considered as rejection criteria:

• Photos with recognizable faces or license plates.

What do you think?

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Legacy4N00b-PGO I believe you're reviewing Indonesian nominations that have a banner installed on it (mostly buildings and entrance gates), like this:

Or this (this one is actually accepted as Wayspot, found it on "Check the Duplicate" map):

Or maybe this (believe me, this one's mine and it got accepted despite having a 'temporary' banner commemorating this year's Eid Mubarak):

No, I don't say they're eligible at all, though.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

The banner is not eligible, but the if the building is eligible, showing that banner with pictures of people doesn't turn it into an invalid nomination.