Wayspot Needs Removed - Portal Not Accessible and Property Owner Threatening People

The Wayspot "Lazy B" located at "0.900851,-81.95195" needs to be removed. They are trespassing people who drive up to the publicly available/accessible portal if they are not paying customers just so that they can keep ownership of it for themselves. Their defensive stance on why that is allowed is that there are other locations this applies to as well (amusement parks and such), however, they have thrown a block that is greater than 10km and blocks quite a significant amount of play, which cannot be undone without causing problems. Threats are made frequently to players of all types, none of which are causing an trouble aside from driving up and playing the game as intended. This is the property owner making the trespassing statements and also claiming the portal (not in this screenshot, I live over 100km away, it just shows up in my Comm frequently).

Tagged:

Comments

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

A portal does not need to have access to all. Restricted/limited access portals are allowed. Private property is not a reason for removal, only Single home private property is. Your appeal isn't submitted in the proper format either.

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

What I understand that is happening (and I'm guessing a lot here) is that the portal is in some kind of camping place (it's in 40.900851,-81.95195, btw), and it probably has an open entrance with a parking lot or something like that. People drive to this parking lot, capture the portal and leave, and the owner gets mad at the players and even harasses them in game, as the screenshot shows.

Not sure what can be done here, but the owner speaking like that in comms is not any nice.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The owner needs to contact Niantic and ask for the portal to be removed.

• willowitaly-INGwillowitaly-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I see that in my comms too, but it doesn’t necessarily seem like a portal removal issue, unless the location owner wants the portal removed (which he doesn’t seem to). The owner is right that locations you have to pay to get to are legitimate. However, the location owner is harassing people, which should be reported every time (and I believe has?), and the trespasser should get in trouble for trespassing on private property, which should also be reported in game.

• ConnorYamsek-PGOConnorYamsek-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

Yes!! This is exactly the nail on the head. The portal appears to be right next to the main entrance, actually BEFORE the parking lot, with the campsite (or whatever it is) a bit further back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideally, yes, however, the owner appears to be someone that actually plays the game / uses the portal, therefor, will not request its removal because he wants it for personal use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's allowed - all good here, I guess. I just think that since it is not a "pay to enter" type of property and only a "pay if you want to stay here" (open entry to lot/parking, where portal is located) this is a bit of a different situation. Like at an airport, there are plenty of portals past airport security. Or at an amusement park or zoo, plenty past the entry point. But (provided it is a safe area) if any of those portals are accessible outside of the paid entry point, they are typically allowed to be accessed by the property owner. Doesn't make a lot of sense to try to attract people to your business if you don't want them there (how many of them are REALLY going to be camping??)

• Invalid Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry @NianticGiffard

You and we know that that isn't true. There are multiple instances where you have acted on a report and removed wayspots, punished wayfarers, .... without any rejection mail, the reports in these forums were enough in those cases bypassing "the procedure".

You can try to close the threads where we call you out on this behavior, but please, don't pretend that we're not aware of it.