Multiple Accounts

2»

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZeroZeroZiete-ING I don't think anyone in this discussion has said that cheaters don't exist in Ingress-- quite the contrary!

I would estimate that a small percentage of the Ingress population plays on multiple accounts, probably less than 10%. In most areas the ones that do are covert about it because they know it's wrong, although there are a few rogue communities that don't care.

By contrast, I'd guess that more than half of Pokemon Go players play actively on multiple accounts and at least 90% of hardcore players do. They think it's just a normal and acceptable part of the game and they talk about their alts quite openly. It's not even "well, it's cheating but I don't care"... it's "there's nothing wrong with playing on multiple accounts."

That's the difference we're talking about.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

They won't, otherwise the entire community will get mad if that Taiwanese grandpa's accounts are all banned because of this.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon Hosette - "stop trying to spoil the game for everyone", as I have been told when discussing invalid waypoints or multiple accounts with PoGo playing members of my local community.

The problem with PoGo is a) the game actually rewards players the more stops / Gyms they create to a far greater extent than Ingress does for using / playing with multiple accounts / multiple different team accouts / "baby accounts" and b) in all the other PoGo games you walk about and find Pokemon on your console or Switch no problem, so the fact that there are limited spawns in some areas or you might have to walk (Explore?) for 5 minutes to get to a stop is baffling and is seen as "unfair".

"More stops are good for everyone - right? - Don't spoil the game".