Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayfarer no longer recognizes my PoGo login.

I can't login to Wayfarer to track my nominations or review other's nominations. If this has anything to do with the PoGo integration, it needs to be announced. But your webpage seems to reflect you've completely taken this privilege away from PoGo players entirely as it doesn't just say I can't login... it says which levels in which games I need to login and only lists Ingress level 10, and no longer says anything about Pokemon Go on the page. Please address this issue as soon as you can, I had nominations I was following, and I was looking forward to continuing to review portals this weekend. Thank you.

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• xLilPoundcake-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGO Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

I'm having a similar problem on my desktop this morning. It says I need to be level 38 to access Wayfarer (I'm level 50 and I review every day, for context). I can log in on my phone, however. I cleared by cache and cookies, so I'm hoping that will help. Maybe it'll just resolve later today.

Ironically, I am currently posting this from my desktop where I can still log into the community page. Just not Wayfarer. Lol!

• Docteurhache-INGDocteurhache-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm an ingress player (L13 after fourth recursion) and I have the same problem on desktop computer (edge and mozilla) with blank page after login. No access to wayfarer and profile menu. On mobile (iOS), no connection problem.

I hope this can help solve the problem

• Varchild76-PGOVarchild76-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Further update and details: On mobile (Android) I can still login and check my noms and such. No problems with mobile access. Desktop (PC, Windows 11, Chrome) is still not letting me in. The "not eligible" page only says Ingress level 10 and doesn't mention Pokemon at all, even though I'm lvl 40. It's a new computer and this was my first time logging in from it. I used my Facebook login.

• Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for sharing the troubles with logging into Wayfarer. My initial thought is to see if you've tried logging in to your game account and then log in to Wayfarer using the same log-in credentials (on the same device)? If you experience any issues logging in to with the game account, then you must contact the Ingress or Pokémon GO team via the in-app support (https://nianticlabs.com/support). However, from your comments it sounds like you're also experiencing success on mobil but not desktop. Is this issue still present?

• xLilPoundcake-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGO Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Thanks for responding @NianticTintino ! I eventually could log in after clearing my cache and search history for the previous hour, and this has been working consistently when this error (and others like it) pop up. I have seen errors that say I’m not a high enough level in Ingress, and in Pogo, that will not allow me to login for a while. I assumed this was something to do with maintenance.

Fir what it’s worth, PoGo support was unhelpful. They just claimed I didn’t have a Wayfarer account associated with my PoGo email at all. Once again, level 50 player who has been nominating and reviewing since he first day PoGo players had access to Wayfarer. 😂 Clearing my search history fixed it immediately.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticTintino somebody needs to address the disconnect between in-game support and the Wayfarer team. I don’t understand why the front-line people or their ‘bot don’t escalate explicitly Wayfarer issues to your team as a matter of course, but they do not.

This must either be built-in to the support system so it happens automatically, or you need to provide a catchphrase that customers can use to escalate their cases to you. It is infuriating and insulting to be lectured about learning the submission guidelines via a script when trying to report or fix a serious problem.

• SwitchAxeMaster-INGSwitchAxeMaster-ING Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

I hope I'm not completely wrong here but when I saw this thread I was immediately reminded of my problem with Wayfarer and PoGo which exists for two years now. There were several threads on the Ingress forums (like this one https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/122295#Comment_122295 ) where the introduction of Wayfarer and the account automerge of PoGo and Ingress accounts led to several problems with the reviewing process. For me it still exists today and it made me completely stop reviewing and demotivated me from submitting new Waypoints. With the new changes and active Niantic employees around here I thought I might give this topic a second try and would really appreciate it if something would be done about it. I am pretty sure that those who replied on @GoncaloCdM-ING 's post aren't the only players affected by this two year old problem.