This is not a valid wayspot?

Hello guys

One of my proposals was rejected and in my opinion it was valid. Could you help me?

Name: Torre "DIPLOMATIC"

Description: Emblematic building of the downtown of the city of San Miguel de Tucumán

Additional information: Located on one of the main arteries of the city of San Miguel de Tucumán, it is one of the components of its busy core, in a highly trafficked area, especially on days of events such as community day.

"Your proposal has been rejected for the following reason: There is insufficient evidence that the proposal accurately reflects the actual location submitted based on the comparison of the submitted photo and map views, The location of the proposal in the world real appears to be on a farm or private residence, The proposal does not meet the acceptance criteria."

Maybe i am wrong, what do you think?

Best Answers

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Don't even consider the rejection reasons, they're often wildly off.

The problem with this nomination is that it doesn't look special from a community/cultural/historical sense. The building looks like a very generic office building. There is zero easily available information about "Diplomatic" online (or at least I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search), but the sign looks like a run-of-the-mill hotel or business center.

If you're convinced that this building is special in some way, show it to reviewers through the supporting info.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

This doesn't look to be eligible and neither your description or supporting statement gives any information about why this particular building would meet the eligibility criteria. At best, you claim it is "emblematic", but to the reviewer's eye, it looks like any other building seen the world over. And who claims this building is "emblematic"? What is it about the building that makes it architecturally or culturally distinctive? Just because a lot of people walk by it doesn't mean anything to the eligibility criteria.

Second, your photo is of the sign on the building and not the building itself, this further confuses reviewers because they may think you are nominating an ordinary sign which isn't. If your nomination is the building, then your main photo should be of the building.

Answers

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Don't even consider the rejection reasons, they're often wildly off.

The problem with this nomination is that it doesn't look special from a community/cultural/historical sense. The building looks like a very generic office building. There is zero easily available information about "Diplomatic" online (or at least I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search), but the sign looks like a run-of-the-mill hotel or business center.

If you're convinced that this building is special in some way, show it to reviewers through the supporting info.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

This doesn't look to be eligible and neither your description or supporting statement gives any information about why this particular building would meet the eligibility criteria. At best, you claim it is "emblematic", but to the reviewer's eye, it looks like any other building seen the world over. And who claims this building is "emblematic"? What is it about the building that makes it architecturally or culturally distinctive? Just because a lot of people walk by it doesn't mean anything to the eligibility criteria.

Second, your photo is of the sign on the building and not the building itself, this further confuses reviewers because they may think you are nominating an ordinary sign which isn't. If your nomination is the building, then your main photo should be of the building.

• LazerosX-PGOLazerosX-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

@Nadiwereb-PGO Thanks, the rejection reason really threw me off. Maybe i will send it again with a better photo sometime in the future.

@TheFarix-PGO There are not many five star hotels in the city, I thought it was a good proposal, but you are right the emphasis should be of the building, i will try a better photo.

Thanks guys, it really helps out

• arcaicways-PGOarcaicways-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

what @TheFarix-PGO says is true basic rule when you look at the submision think ok what makes th is a unique poi or what makes this a local hotspot if that cant be figured out from the pictures and descriptions its more then likely gonna get denyed of course this is after looking at it nd saying ok wh at criteria does this match