Comments

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@CoachKev413-PGO That is definitely a beautiful and interesting mural! I think your main issue is probably with this point covered under Content Guidelines: Indoor nominations are eligible, so long as they are publicly accessible to some capacity (e.g. inside a library or business with limited hours of operation), and where small groups can congregate and play comfortably.

When I review any kind of indoor nomination, I'm concerned about whether a small group of people standing or sitting around for a while will interfere with the normal operations of the business or other entity. So I'm likely to approve anything in a large gathering area like a lobby, cafeteria, or the main dining area of a restaurant, but unlikely to approve anything in a narrow hallway or behind someone's desk or workspace.

You describe your nomination as "down the hallway leading to the restroom", which doesn't sound like a great place for a small group to stand around. If the space is more open and welcoming than I'm imagining, I'd suggest resubmitting with a supporting photo that shows that the area is appropriate for a small group. If not, then my opinion is that this is not the best place for a Wayspot.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Just for your info there is absolutely nothing in the guidelines saying you have to think about how people can play in an area other than having pedestrian access. This would be perfectly acceptable in terms of access as customers and workers can both get to it.

The mural looks great. The only thing i find I would suggest is to not mention that it leads to the bathroom. If its not in the bathroom or on a bathroom wall i wouldn't mention it at all. I tend to think bathrooms are bad locations for poi in general.

But in all honesty try to re submit, i wouldnt upgrade this one personally since its inside somewhere that more than likely only locals may know of. You may have to do a photosphere or something to help for location wise :)

So are you saying that you think we can ignore Niantic's explicitly stated Content Guidelines? Or do you just interpret them differently than I do? I am curious since I think them to be clear that they DO want us to think about how comfortably people can play in different types of areas.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you don’t say the reason for rejection, but I’d guess it’s ‘real world location does not match submitted pin.’ Is there a photosphere from inside the tattoo studio that shows the mural? I’ve found that indoor POIs are fairly likely to be rejected for lack of a provable location, even if the subject is worthy and the text generally explains it.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
  • CoachKev413-PGOCoachKev413-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭

My apologies for not mentioning rejection reason....

The real-world location of the nomination appears to have explicit or inappropriate activity, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be sensitive (e.g. non-historic or culturally significant gravestones or cemeteries).

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I found it btw thank you :) So as in a small group you dont think 2-3 people can fit in that area? And thats your reason for why youd reject that?

id say resubmit dont upgrade and dont talk about the bathroom

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

"Location sensitive" would be appropriate I think. I guess reviewers don't like the idea of kids entering some tattoo shop to go to a hallway inside of it, reaching their game POI on the door of a restroom. Go figure. :)

@Jtronmoore-PGO What I was trying to say in my original post is that I can't actually SEE the area surrounding the nomination in the original submission. Forget about a small group. I can't tell if a lone player could stand there without blocking the area, being uncomfortable, or causing a disruption to others, and Niantic's guidelines clearly state that they want us to consider that. If I was reviewing this nomination, I would have tried to look for better photos of the mural and its surroundings online before making a decision, but if I couldn't find any more information, yes, I would probably have rejected or, at the very least, skipped.

I suspect that there is probably an appropriate way for people to view this mural, but the submission needs to show it. That's why I suggest that the submitter think about it and resubmit with a better supporting photo.

@CoachKev413-PGO Given those rejection reasons, apparently reviewers didn't like the nature of the business. Maybe they consider tattoos to be too adult-oriented? I don't agree with that personally but it would be my guess based on those rejection reasons.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually thats a really good point, depending on where you are, state / country, some tattoo shops are considered adult only services, the UK for instance all tattoo parlours that only offer tattoos not piercings are age restricted to 18 and over only. Its highly possible people looked at a tattoo shop and thought, nope age restricted.