Attempt to change nonsensical title rejected
Title of the Wayspot: George Schroder and Finnan Park Gazebo - West
City: Raymond Terrace
Screenshot of the Rejection Email:
Photos to support your claim: Park is currently closed until at least late October so no photos are possible.
Additional information: The wayspot in question is located in Finnan Park, on the southern shore of Grahamstown Dam. In the same park there are seven other wayspots titled as follows:
- Finnan Park
- Finnan Park Commemorative Plaque
- Finnan Park Lakeside Mural
- Finnan Park Playground
- Finnan Park Richardson Road Picnic Area
- George Schroder Memorial Pumping Station
- Grahamstown Storage Reservoir
Only two of theses are not prefixed with the name of the park. "George Schroder Memorial Pumping Station" is the name of the pumping station that draws water from the dam, while "Grahamstown Storage Reservoir" is a plaque showing specifications of the dam itself.
I tried to change the name of "George Schroder and Finnan Park Gazebo - West" because it makes no sense for two main reasons:
- There is no such thing as "George Schroder and Finnan Park" - The name of the park is Finnan Park. "George Schroder" is not now, nor has it ever been, part of the park name. Nor is it part of the picnic table's name. The picnic table has no name.
- The wayspot is not a gazebo, it is just a covered picnic table. Many wayspot nominators try to game the system by calling everything a "gazebo", even if it is not, as these are more likely to be accepted. However, a number of nominators and reviewers do not understand the difference between a covered picnic table and a gazebo. Wikipedia has an article on gazebos at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazebo which states "A gazebo is a pavilion structure, sometimes octagonal or turret-shaped, often built in a park, garden or spacious public area."
The attempt to correct this error was rejected as shown in the rejection email above. However, "Finnan Park western picnic table" is a far more accurate description and should be used!