Resources for new Reviewers
Firstly, let me welcome all of the new folks to the Wayfarer Community! We’re so glad to have you here and are really looking forward to chatting with you and answering any questions you may have as you ramp up as new reviewers!
A great place to start would be to review the Wayfarer Community Guidelines and Welcome Note. We are working hard to create a respectful but curious culture here.
When it comes to ramping up on reviewing, the Wayfarer Help Center has the basics you need to know, with articles about what’s eligible, ineligible and in-between.
- About Wayfarer: Learn more about Wayfarer, your profile, how to earn upgrades, and how you can manage your own nominations
- Submitting a Nomination: A diagram that walks you through the nomination process.
- Wayspot Criteria: Understand how to identify a good nomination and what makes a good Wayspot. This section also allows you to submit questions you have about the criteria.
- How to Review Wayspots: Tips on reviewing nominations and edits
- Step-by-step Wayspot Review Process: A video that shows the basics of reviewing in the Wayfarer Portal.
- Reporting Abuse: Tips for reporting invalid Wayspots or edits.
In order to keep Wayfarer fair for everyone, your decisions are compared with the decisions made by others in the community. This information is used to create an overall rating for your decisions in your profile. Your Performance rating is displayed on a scale of Poor - Great and will change over time.
Here are a few tips to ensure your Performance Rating stays Good/Great:
- Follow the criteria while reviewing nominations, we recommend keeping the eligible and ineligible criteria pages open in a different browser tab for easy access.
- Take your time and review each segment on it’s own merit. Read this article for tips on how to review each section.
- Avoid using third party tools/plugins or depending on others to decide on how you vote on a nomination.
- Note that your Rating may also be affected based on actions taken on abuse reviews.
There are also a lot of really knowledgeable and helpful Wayfinders right here in the forum with great questions and equally great answers. Here are a few lively and interesting discussions that could be worth your time:
Again, we’re glad you’re here and we’re looking forward to interacting with you soon!