Any advice on fixing up this nomination?

This nomination was denied twice. Any tips on spicing it up. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to say I would approve it from what I see, but then I noticed you mention that there’s another one just like it right down the road. So that’s kind of a buzzkill.

I would probably try to take a more artistic approach to the main image to try to make the reviewer want to approve, especially if there’s anything you can do to make it clear at a glance that the cars are two different objects.

• 1A1Tiypo1A1-PGO1A1Tiypo1A1-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

This is the one that's down the highway more. Or did you mean an in-game screenshot? I can do that after work

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much to add, but few sidenotes.

I found the info in the support text more interesting/catching than the description.

Editing the existing POI title less... generic might help if you get another rejection. Model number suggestion is a good one IMO.

Take different kind of photos and see what works or might work. (Also Pogo can use existing photos nowadays, makes resubmitting much more convenient.)

• CipherBlakk-PGOCipherBlakk-PGO Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, especially since it seems the second car has the identical description, I would switch it up a bit. Add some of the details from your supporting info, plus title change and a different photo orientation. I would keep the supporting info that there are indeed two of them, and this is the second one, just to clarify.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

The rejection reason is not that it was a duplicate. So I wouldn't focus on that so much. (But yes, as others said, highlight things that are unique about this one.)

The rejection is that reviewers didn't think it was wayspot-worthy. And only that one reason. Weird. I've scrolled up and down many times, trying to get in the reviewers' heads.

Maybe you need to include something really basic, like "Our city council placed this little section of track here, with this historic motorcar." Or, maybe "motorcar" is confusing to reviewers. What about "Antique Railroad Repair Truck"? Can your Supporting Info include a link to something official - your town, or maybe a generic railroad history site that explains that specific type of car?

EDIT: Maybe reviewers understood that there are two of these, so duplicate wasn't the correct response. But you gave both wayspots the same title, and didn't say what's unique about this one. So they concluded that a second of the exact same thing is not wayspot-worthy.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a photo of another nomination that has been approved, not the one that has been rejected.

And in any case, a car is perfectly fine in a photo as long as the license plate isn't visible, so there's no problem with that photo.

And also, that photo is the supporting photo of that nomination, so even if it showed a group of people and several license plates and a watermark, the nomination would still be eligible because that supporting photo won't be used in any game.