Waiting 2+ Years On Nominations That Have Been Upgraded Since The Upgrade Mechanic Came Out

When the Upgrade Mechanic came out in mid 2019, we had no control on what nominations could be upgraded. There was no Upgrade Next and it automatically chose something from what we had submitted. It has been 2+ years since these nominations have been upgraded and none of my nominations at this location have had decisions. Is there anything I could do at this point to get a decision or do I avoid using upgrades on these nominations since they will be in permanant limbo?

Tagged:

Comments

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like it's a problem with lack of reviewers in your area. Even when your nominations are upgraded, there is not enough reviewers that can review them, so they can't be accepted/rejected and nominations are constantly in voting.

Sadly, Niantic can't really do much about it, maybe if they reviewed in your area for some time, but it''s hard to say if they would do it.

The easiest idea to solve it is for you to ask anyone you know that is playing and also can nominate to review too, or to ask on some main country/global group for some help and other reviewers to choose this location as a bonus location to review.

You can also ask people on this forum for them to choose your area as bonus location, but it might be better for more local people to vote, as this location don't have streetview, map view is blurry and outdated (there are pins in the middle of desert that show goverment buildings and other things, when on map this place has nothing), and there might be some culture difference that make reviewers reject some local eligible things.

More local reviewers will known that something really exist, even if it's not visible on map, and they would understand nominations better. So asking more local players (from your city or your country) to review is much better idea I think.

But maybe @NianticTintino or @NianticDanbocat will give you some better advices.

Good luck, I hope there can be something done for your area to get more reviewers and get your nominations reviewed soon!

• msz21-INGmsz21-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

@Maxyme99-PGO This isn't my local area but I do submit and review a lot when traveling so I can't really ask much. Also this particular location had no POI which means no agents or players from any of the games. It is a vicious cycle and I was just a visitor so I wanted to help the area out.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, that how it works. If there is no POI (not only in this city, in near places than can be in the same voting cell too), then there is no players that can have high level to submit and review anything. Until Niantic won't change reviewing system or add some genric POIs from database in this location (like they did in many places/countries, not everyone were happy about it) there won't be any players and reviewers in that area.

The only thing that can be done is waiting until Niantic solve this problem (maybe do some local review challenge in this country), or just encourage some players to add this place as bonus location to review, sadly nothing much can be done. 

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

Or have a time limit beyond which it goes to an area with active reviewers

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe all of them are from Iraq, correct?

Without GO players, you'll be getting a hard time to get final decisions for them, unless Niantic announce the next Wayfarer challenge to be in Middle East.

Cc: @NianticTintino @NianticDanbocat

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

Friendship bonuses allow for easy level-ups with very few POI nearby - so Pokemon Go players can still advance their game. Ingress players do need the nearby POI to obtain new levels, but not Pokemon Go.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭

@msz21-ING - what your fellow Explorers are saying here is likely the case - not enough local reviewers in the area. I'll be speaking with the Niantic reviewers to set up a better strategy to target areas that need some help.

For auto applied upgrades, we will soon be shipping features that give you full control of where upgrades are used.

Note that upgrades do not guarantee a specific timeframe for when a nomination gets decided on - it just increases the likelihood that someone reviewing in that area will review your nomination.

thank you for your patience!

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

For auto applied upgrades, we will soon be shipping features that give you full control of where upgrades are used.

Aw yeah. AMA question answered.

The nuance of a 'bonus location' appears in the Wayfarer help screen as follows:

Suitable Hometown and Bonus Locations could be where you grew up, where you went to school, or any other location with which you’re familiar. Your active play location is always factored into assignment, so Hometowns and Bonus Locations should be set away from where you usually play.

Setting a bonus location elsewhere gives the impression that because the Wayfinder didn't grow up, went to school or are familiar with the location makes it seem like it's unsuitable (contrapositive), but most of the time people setting their bonus location is like somewhere where their friend is from, a place they would eventually like to holiday to (like Sydney or Los Angeles). For the Wayfarer community, there are also cases where just like the above, Wayfinders flock to help their fellow 'finders in getting their years-old nominations reach a verdict, so the bonus location becomes more of a charity work.

I like charity work though. HOTOSM is a pretty nifty tool, maybe I can spring up an idea.