Just want to clarify the Ineligible reason for my nomination

Here is my nomination, a bridge in our home town of Barangay Aranas, Balete in the province of Aklan in the Republic of the Philippines.

This bridge is a well known marker in our place as the point adjoining our town to the next town and we have witness its pitiful situation in the early 80's as a wooden bridge that when your vehicle is crossing the bridge, you will literally hold your breath and say a prayer as you cross it and you will really be glad if you cross it safely, as the limited transportation in that those time are always overloaded since all folks wants to be home by 5:00 in the afternoon or you will risk walking kilometers on your way home.

I have nominated it as one of a known community spot that is safely accessible since it is now a well built concrete bridge and only one of those permanent structures in our area.

However, it was decline and what confuses me is the remarks and reasons why the nomination is considered as ineligble.

Here is the content of the notification email:

Hi Trainer HLAJR,

Thank you for nominating Tigbao Bridge on Sep 11, 2021. Upon review by the Niantic community of players, we regret to inform you that this nomination is ineligible.

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

The real-world location of the nomination appears to be sensitive (e.g. non-historic or culturally significant gravestones or cemeteries), The real-world location of the nomination appears to obstruct the driveway of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers, The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it.

1) How does the bridge been mistakenly identified as a sensitive Gravestone or Cemetery?

2) How does the bridge causes to obstruct the driveway of an emergency services which is not existing in the spot?

3)How could a bridge could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pathway leading to it where in fact large vehicles could cross it? It has a pedestrian walkway in both side with fence for safety of the passerby as seen in the nomination's picture.

I have other nominations that have been declined and the pointed criteria on the notice is acceptable to me as they really are reflecting on the nomination's location and images.

However, this one with the Tigbao Bridge is somewhat unfair for us who are doing our part for the betterment of the community players in our area but some reviewer seems to be impeding such effort by being reckless in their evaluation.

I hope this could be corrected for the sake of everyone's time and effort.

Thank you for those who can shed light on these issue.

Comments

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Right. A footbridge ON A TRAIL is valid. The trail is the destination.

A bridge that is just part of normal infrastructure, is not a valid wayspot. Nor is the road, or the electric wires, or cell phone tower.

That bridge is not a destination at all. People don't meet there to be social, or walk around it to explore it. It does not encourage exercise. In other words, it meets no criteria.

• The reasons you were given are incorrect. However you nomination does not meet and criteria. Next time nominate maybe a pedestrian only footbridge over a river for say. Need to be a place for exercise in this place, and not to be mean, not a place to be hit by a car lol.

• HLAJR-PGOHLAJR-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

I do accept if my nomination is really not eligible but giving false reason is not a good idea either and only shows that some reviewer does not know or don't know what they are doing.

Your conclusion in Item 3 is not reflecting what is the actual usage of the bridge with the residents. As I have mentioned, decades ago it was just a wooden bridge yet people are passing through daily as part of our rural life, the bridge then is more dangerous than today. We walk this course and most of our people from Grade 1 up to Grade 12. Local boys use that area for fishing and swimming during summer times in lieu of a beach for other people.

Anyway, it is already decided and cannot be appealed so I will just learn from it in the process. I just cant readily accept the reasoning behind the abrupt decision.

Thanks for your impartial point of view.

That would be your point of view yet in-game specially in the city, we see a lot of Telephone boxes along the road as Pokestop and Gym.

I know it is beyond us player and only with Niantic how will be the rules is but in the real sense of the game specially Pokemon GO, this is not always true.

And if I will see it that way, then perhaps Pokemon GO is not really for rural areas like us here in a secluded province where known permanent structure is limited. In contrast, cities could have walls that got painted only for some time then turns out to be a graffiti the next time are being eligible to become a wayspot.

I hope you get our point.

Yes, that would be the thing to do but it might get harder for us since we got limited permanent structure to nominate here.

Yet in some provinces, highway marker as post gets approved. I can't just believe it that way how could a simple post along the road is way significant than a larger bridge that got to be passed by people walking across it.

I hope you see our point.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your nomination is reviewed by peer wayfinders in your own country that should be aware of the local customs. From my point of view that bridge doesn't have a proper sidewalk for pedestrian, I can't even imagine a group of 5 people staying in that place if it becomes a gym.

A telephone box is obviously meant to be used by people, so that pedestrian access should be fine (although a telephone box shouldn't be eligible on its own, but that's another question. There are many things that shouldn't be wayspot but they have been approved)

Yes, that's the misleading cause that we might have miss.

Anyway, we will learn from this onward and will try to find other candidate for nomination. or else we will all end here with waystop no less than 10km apart. 😂

Yes, I agree with you there, it would be a questionable instance for local residents here to see 5 persons standing in that bridge with mobile phone but it is a common thing to see a bunch of youngsters there using the bridge as a diving board towards the river below specially in high tide.

Anyway, this is case closed now for me. At least I have learned something here that I could use in my own review of other's nomination.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am nominating a bridge, instead of taking a photograph of the road or the path on the bridge, I take a photograph of the side of the bridge. This shows the architecture of the bridge better. Interesting architecture, if of course, one reason to nominate a bridge.

Other reasons to nominate a bridge are:

1. It's part of a named trail
    2. It was designed by a famous architect.
    3. Something important happened on the bridge itself (e.g. a famous battle took place or maybe a prisoner swap, because the bridge is part of a country border).

Some ideas. Some nice scenery in your bridge photograph for sure. Still, the nomination could be much improved if you want to have any hope of it being accepted. My first impressions: it's a borderline nomination at best.