Reject submissions, that spread wrong informations?

Sorry that I have to do it like that, while posting my internet went out. so I had to take a screenshot, since I don't want to type it again:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give them at least 2 stars on Title/Description rating. If somehow they're passed, just hope if there's someone who can correct their title/description.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

I would give the Medusa a low rating on the title part

But I wouldn't quite care about the round squareshaped 3D-triangle. For many people Antique means just old (like antique furniture) - title realy isn't great, but could also have been Old Statue which wouldn't have created a short-circuit in your brain ;-)

Just like a big part of the general public that thinks than 1 kilobyte is 1000 bytes, and the IT-people who think that 1 kilometer is 1024 meters ;-)

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Yes, you are too harsh.

Deduce stars from the title/description part, and review the different parts normally.

Note, 2* isn't "giving it a pass". That's a rejection.

Edit: Or just skip those (eligible and acceptable nominations) that irritate you too much, that's what I tend to do. :)

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

When an "official" title for a nomination is unknown, then "creative titles" are not only allowed, but encouraged by Niantic -- because they help distinguish one nomination from another, and adds value to the wayspot network. This includes looking at the subject matter with creativity, and would even include eye-roll-inducing dad-joke puns.

Does Medusa's screaming face look even remotely like a mask?

Also, you're being TOO particular and literal on the usage of the word "antique". As my art-historian brother keeps reminding me, for example, artwork is not "modern" unless it was created in a particular style during a specific time period (roughly 1860-1970).

Yet in the vernacular (common) usage, "modern" just means "fairly new/recent".

Similarly for "antique" -- a formal definition may require that it's something dated prior to 1830. But "common" usage really just means it's something that's at least 50-100+ years old, as you'll find in any local "antique shop".

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

A note on antique. Antique is used for anything that is over 100 years old. Cars have their own scaling system (classic, vintage, antique) but I'm not as familiar with the age rage of each.

• BigBaerAndi-PGOBigBaerAndi-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

you are probably right, maybe it also a language barrier thing. In german we have the word "Antiquität" which descirbes what you pointed out. we don't have "Antique Shops" but "Antiquitäten Shops"

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cringe at nominations when the thing has a name, but the nominator doesn't know it, and makes something up.

It's especially horrifying on religious items. I have seen "Happy Bald **** Man" for a Buddha... "Religious Iconography 1" , "Religious Iconography 2", etc for the Stations of the Cross..."Man with Heart Statue" for the Sacred Heart of Jesus... and "Man with a Staff" at a church named after a saint - a quick google shows the statue is their patron saint.

All of the above, I gave 1* for title/description. I hope the nominators did a little research and resubmitted.

Also nominations when they plainly don't know that "Memory Garden" means a place where cremated ashes are spread or stored. This is 1* sensitive location, but that reason is overused, so they probably won't get the hint.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, they censored a three-letter word for obese.

• BigBaerAndi-PGOBigBaerAndi-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

since you mentioned censoring words. I have a question.

In my local area is a place called "Glorious B*stards". In my country people aren't that sensitive to curse words. It is a well established restaurant, that butcher their own meat, brew their own beer and bake their own bread, but I'm unsure if niancitc cracks down on me for submitting somethign with the word "b*stard" in it...

The restaurant has a GIANT red and black metal sign infront of them, so it's not like it would be blatantly obvious with the picture associated with it, but maybe the bad word filter will strike down on me

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s even one of the basic elements of food! I wonder if this causes difficulties with sports, health, or science exhibits?