2 nominations are dissaproved but I do not understand why

Hi,

I have 2 nominations that got rejected with the following e-mail "Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria."

One of them is a powerhouse, and yes, a LOT of powerhouses are Waypoints throughout the city, so mine is no different.

My description:

The Vincent van Goghstraat is a street divided in two parts. Right in the middle there is a powerhouse. It is also a point of orientation for people that get lost in this area

2nd one that got rejected is a piece of art that has been here for over a decade, it got rejected by the same reason, that it is a seasonable display.

This is my description:

This artwork of blocks of marble are designed for the hospice at the Vincent van Goghstraat by architect Rene van Doorn. There are 3 blocks describing the struggle and the work for people in their last few days of their life.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

a power-house is really a generic thing. If it hasn't been painted on (and not just a 2 second graffiti tag) it doesn't meet any criteria, correct to reject them.

The second one: is it visible on streetview ? If it's there for over 10 years it should be. They seem just to be placed on the pavement, not anchored to the ground which might confuse reviewers. A marble block of that size is not easily moved. What did you use as supporting picture ?

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@KramRekked-PGO The powerhouse is a definite rejection, there's nothing interesting about it.

The artwork has merit, but has some problems:

• it's not visible on SV nor on Maps so YOU will have to provide clear imagry (and perhaps put a 360 photosphere up) of the surrounding area as well
    • reviewers might believe the blocks are movable
    • the location could be perceived as 'sensitive' if it's on the grounds of, adjacent to, or even too near to the hospice itself
    • there's no result when you search for the creator's name, nor is the artwork registered on any art index sites for Amsterdam. The only lead we have is the phone number engraved on them: this artwork is actually a well designed logo for a helpline for people with psychological problems.

The hospice seems well-established so if possible, take your supporting photo from a distance, with the artwork AND the hospice in clear view.