Yamagata University Hospital (Yamagata-City)

MagicalThorn-INGMagicalThorn-ING Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Invalid Wayspot Appeals

Hi, @NianticGiffard , @NianticTintino .

Please see the following captured screen.

This is what I was in charge of judging today.

The description is in Japanese: "Located in the Yamagata University Hospital.

City:2 Chome-2-2 Iidanishi, Yamagata-City,Yamagata-Pref.

Yamagata University Hospital

Google Map

This place, where the application is being made, is a hospital.

Yamagata University Hospital.

Official Website

This is the centre of the hospital.

In the supplementary information, the applicant is very insistent on the creation of a Pokéstop. However, if a Wayspot is created at this location, there is a risk that people who do not need to be admitted to hospital will plan to enter and leave the hospital at will. This, in turn, would compromise the Emergency Medical Service.

And now, please, take a look at the following images.

This is a captured image of an application for the same object which I rejected on 05 December 2020.

And the next image shows the same

This is a captured image of the one we reviewed on 24 July 2020.

In this supplementary information section, the person who submitted the application is very vocal about the creation of PokéStops.

The objects of these applications are all the same statue.

I consider that the applications are probably made repeatedly by the same person.

Although I have saved three captured images, I know from experience that I have examined the same object about seven times so far.

I don't know, and don't want to understand, why this applicant is attempting to create a Wayspot (which he or she apparently hopes will be a Pokéstop) in the middle of the hospital.

I have, of course, rejected all of them.

Allowing this application to go forward has the potential to encourage unspecified and unscrupulous players of location-based games unrelated to hospitals to infiltrate hospitals in order to interfere with medical procedures such as EMS, Cardiovascular and other surgical procedures.

This report to you.

------------The following is a list of things that have come to my mind.------------

I think about it sometimes.

In view of the number of such applications we have received.

Wayfarer! team has repeatedly informed the public about inappropriate places and objects, but this may not be enough.

It may be time for a more widespread rejection of applications on a per-land data basis, early pre-application testing.

And education applicants in more depth than is currently the case.

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone want to tell him that the statue doesn't obstruct the operation of the hospital?

• Hello, I will write for the first time.

I am a dermatologist at Yamagata University Hospital.

This POI application has been a hot topic for a long time, and today I am also being examined. When I talked with the director of the hospital and the director of the medical department, I was asked to reject it because it would interfere with medical treatment.

My hospital has a ward for coronavirus infection, and it is not good to invade the hospital premises for games just in case.

Think about it, I don't want to increase the number of infected people in my hospital.

• ftzzghzuhdidu-INGftzzghzuhdidu-ING Posts: 391 ✭✭✭

Hi @MagicalThorn-ING , this nomination doesn't seem to be abusive by nature. It should fill the acceptance criteria of a good place to explore or socialize. Being part of the hospital recreation area you have to remember: not all poi have to be accessible to everybody. As long as the people allowed to this place can safely play, it is alright. We also remind you to NOT trespass if you are not allowed in a specific place. We all accept our boundaries.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case, the director should contact Niantic directly to impose a geoblock on the hospital area. Niantic usually does not accept such requests from anyone else (because anyone can say online that they work at the facility), and this nomination is otherwise perfectly eligile by the existing criteria.

• If I show my ID to Niantic and the hospital director protests against Niantic, everything will be solved.

Then it works like that.

One Pokemon GO gym in the on-site parking lot will be included, but that's okay.

This is the end of this thread.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your ID won't do anything. The director has to reach out to Niantic and identify themselves. After that, Niantic will decide how to proceed. That's how it works.

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "Emergency Services" criteria desperatly needs some clarification in the AMA as well. Stuff such as playfields, gazebos and chappels have been removed from industrial areas. Stuff is removed from resting areas in hospitals. People were claiming a garden close to the visitor parking lot of a hospital should be removed. Monuments close to Fire Stations that are nowhere near the entrances/service parking lots were removed. We need the rules to be far more clear regarding all this.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with those nominations and they should not have been rejected under the emergency services rejection criteira. So long as the statue is not in the driveway of emergency vehicles, next to the emergency or main entrances, or inside the building itself, it is a valid nomination.

Secondly, you have been posting a lot of reprots about nominations whose only problem is that you don't seem to like them. Many of these are nominations perfectly fine and do not cross the line as abusive. However, your repeated reporting of minor problem is itself stretching into the abusive territory. Secondly, you shouldn't be reporting nominations at all through the forums. There is a "report abuse" link at the bottom of each review if there is a specific problem with a nomination.

@NianticGiffard, can you go ahead and lock this topic. There is no action to take and the OP shold probably be warned form making frivolous "invalid Wayspot reports" on nominations.

This discussion has been closed.