Mass produced mural

This showed up as a new wayspot nearby a few days ago:

If I had gotten this to review, I would have rejected as a mass produced object. It's on the outside wall of an LA Fitness, and it's part of their wall art series that they use all over the place. e.g. note the same guy lifting weights in the main photo for this location: https://goo.gl/maps/7rmmwZ8EHPGuzCj39 and also the top photo in this article: https://40visuals.com/textured-wall-vinyl-graphics-at-la-fitness-clubs/

So, does this actually fall under the criteria?

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't meet the criteria because it is mass-produced art. But given that most reviewers probably didn't know it was mass-produced arts, I can see how this got through. Unfortunately, this doesn't meet the removal criteria either so it will stay there until Niantic adds "mass-produced art or objects" to the removal criteria.

• kaireky001-PGOkaireky001-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Alright good to know I’m right about this, even if it has to stay up. To me, the photo by itself would make me question and look closer at the nomination since it’s clear that the wall art is highly photoshopped. The title and description are also just…odd.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you, that there are multiples of this items. Thanks for the links.

Sometimes cities have art initiatives where they put unique art on their power boxes at big intersections. Each is unique - printed on shrink wrap, then put on the power boxes. Then, hopefully the nominators know to explain the uniqueness.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

What's interesting is it doesn't appear in IITC. Wayspots being approved to PoGO but not syncing from Lightship into Ingress follows the suspect trend of Niantic approved Wayspots. @NianticDanbocat are you still looking into this? Two other seemingly ineligible candidates accepted into PoGO only were pointed out in that post below.

The only Wayspots I've had that didn't sync into Ingress as presumed followed the Niantic approval trend - nomination was removed from my management list and accepted in an uncharacteristically fast time. I wonder if we should perhaps be accepting mass produced corporate art, now.