Best way to appeal a Wayspot that is Accepted in other platforms but not in PoGo

Hey all,

Long time Wayfarer (2k reviews) first time on the forums.

There are several amazing landmarks in my city (Denver) that exist in every other platform Niantic runs except for Pokemon Go. Things like an enormous MLK statue/memorial, Native American totem poles, and several others that are centerpieces of city parks have been dwarfed by smaller, less significant submissions and as a result, do not generate in PoGo due to over population in S-cells.

What is the best way for me to fix this?

Comments

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a feature that should be considered for lightship interaction: rating POIs by relevance/significance so that POIs with location conflicts within a game have a tiebreaker that helps them keep the highest-quality ones visible.

• kaireky001-PGOkaireky001-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I do really want this and think it is needed, but I understand why it hasn’t been done yet. How would they decide which ones are most significant? The obvious answer is voting since the system is already based around community consensus. Voting how though? Who gets to vote? You also want some kind of semi-permanence in the games, so ongoing voting wouldn’t really work. Adding a significance rating to new wayspots wouldn’t deal with any currently amazing but hidden ones. I think allowing active local wayfarers with high ratings to vote/choose would be a good way to approach it, but I could see abuse happening there too. But then again, someone will always try to abuse the system.

Despite all that, I believe that the age-based system in place now is not a good approach, particularly with removal criteria being so high. The result creates an in-game reality that’s not at all what the wayspot system is supposed to be about, and it discourages people from nominating when they realize they won’t see the fruits of their effort in their game of choice. Why do all that work making a wayspot for that awesome permanent mosaic art done by middle school kids when it won’t get seen because of a wayspot for a mural that isn’t even there anymore?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not what is more significant. Its what ever poi gets accepted first into its on cell. So if lets say a mural gets accepted a d is in its own s2 cell and you nominate and get something accepted in the same cell. It goes by what was accepted first

• kaireky001-PGOkaireky001-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I know that’s the current system and said as much in the comment you responded to. I was simply pointing out what I believe the issues with the age-based system are.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a once a year check for photo likes? It seems like when POGO first came out they decided which waypoint in the cell would go live by picking the one with the most likes/pictures. Bad ones that had many photo edits and odd ones that were a result of team wars got chosen. That seems to have died down but it would be nice to be able to update the cells every once in awhile so If something amazing gets approved then the pokestop would switch from the old thing to the better new thing. Unfortunately this would mean needing to add likes to a poi that is not visible in POGO through a different game such as Ingress or HPWU and this sounds complicated and counterintuitive. Maybe something could be arranged using the new lightship platform? Once a year should be long enough to limit the amount of gerrymandering.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

They started to get rid of the photo likes for things with ingress because , guess what people abused it to get there picture. The system is fine the way it is tbh. I would always love more stops and gyms but getting rid of some to just have a different one take its place seems like it would be a massive overhaul of the entire playing platform of the game