Stealing Images to Submit Fake Wayspots - Repeated Offender

Hi,

I am creating a new dicussion as a continuation of the last discussion post sometime ago, which is listed below :

I posted the above discussion when it was observed someone was stealing images from reviews and reusing it in some other place to get a cluster. I am assuming niantic took some action aganist that player as there were no such submission until recently i saw one again.

Following is a wayspot which i got for review today :

The original wayspot is submitted by me and accepted around October 2020.

A few of the other wayspots in that area were removed as part of last sweep, someone in that area is again starting to submit fakes by reusing image. Kindly do something to put a stop at this. This is happening for the third time.

I am assuming this is the place around which all this submissions are coming from.

Tagged:

Comments

• Wayspot misuse has been one of the biggest reason why people are stop reviewing. There should be strict actions for people for submitting too many fake portals.

• MrRaffz-INGMrRaffz-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard @NIACHAOSMONKEY-ING This is not the first time this wayfinder did this. It's already been three time and Niantic has removed all the portals in the region twice untill now. Its been 6 months since last time. So I guess the way niantic punished this Wayfinder must have cooldown . And this Wayfinder restarted doing the same. Such people are unnecessary evil to the gamespirit.

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Is there any update on this? It’s almost 10 days, still nothing on the report. Should others also follow the example and just reuse images? it’s much easier than visiting places taking pics, make a submission etc. I reported using the abuse form in the website as well, that also didn’t lead to any result.

@NianticBrian-ING @NianticGiffard

• Sorry for the delay. We have reviewed the report and have taken action on 2 Wayspots and a Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.