Is it a duplicate if it's a different but a similar object in the same area?

I cannot seem to find a relevant thread, sorry if this has been discussed. I am wondering, if there is a playground which is already a wayspot, and directly adjacent to it is a basketball court (without a fence, just hoops and concrete) or an outdoor fitness station, is that considered a duplicate or not? Like in this screenshot I just took, the playground that can be seen in the supporting picture is already a wayspot.

On the one hand this is different activities. On the other hand though, the activities are pretty similar and equipments for them are usually built right next to each other. If they are allowed to be separate wayspots, then every courtyard will have 3 pokestops and there will be no point in exploring, as you can reach them directly from your bed in your apartment. Thoughts?

Comments

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily enough, I had a portal marked as duplicate because it was a playpark, and the nearest poi was also a play park. For context, a set of flats near me had a play park at each flat, four flats, four seperate play parks, I got one accepted ages ago but never went back till recently and realised that there was in fact four spwrate ones (only notices the first one) so submitted the other 3, thats the first of those marked as duplicate, which is gling tk be very annoying now for the other 2

• CipherBlakk-PGOCipherBlakk-PGO Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Different POIs for sure. It doesn't matter if it results in a cluster of POIs. Those are always good things to have anyway, and people still have to walk to get constant use out of the gameplay. Also, clusters support people who physically cannot walk very far, as well as parents just chilling as they supervise young kids at the playground, for example. But you'll want to be sure your points are 20m apart if you want to see anything come of your effort.