HearUsNiantic?

KoriNoDokutsu-INGKoriNoDokutsu-ING Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in General Discussion

Hi everyone!

It has been about a month since #HearUsNiantic. The rage of the community was answered with an apology and basically three promises by Niantic: 80m stop interaction radius, Dev Diary and improvements on communication with the community. Why do I write about this, right here? Let me explain:

Yesterday, I read a post in this forum with the topic of a new in game contribution limit in PoGO (Yeah, a new function, that no one asked for!). And I read it only here in this forum. This is clearly a new wayfinder-function, but wouldn't this information be interesting for every PoGO player? So, where is the blog entry, where is the twitter post, where is the ingame news?

Here's my point:

Niantic has far too many official channels, in that they separately and selectively post important news. Niantic wanted to improve their communication, but it's getting worse instead.

Just from the view of a PoGO player, I am reading the ingame news, that lead me often enough to the Niantic blog. Then, I follow Pokemon GO and the Pokemon GO Support on twitter and content creators on Youtube. I'm in two telegram news channels for PoGO, I'm in this Forum and I have an account on reddits silph road (to get those infomations, that Niantics wants to be a secret, so pssst). And then, I'm also playing Ingress, so let's double all this ****.

The amount of time, that I spend on checking every channel to get all the necessary information to play a game continiously increases. I just want to play a game and to know what to do. C'mon this can't be this difficult!

Imagine you're playing chess, but the instructions just say how you can move the King. You must inform yourself for the rest of the figurines on different sites and channels. And then, you're not supposed to see the patterns on the board (S17 cells).

You see, splitting informations or even holding them back, is not a proper way to communicate. It's wasting time and it's frustrating.

And Niantic must know, that not every player even is on twitter, telegram, reddit and by far not in this forum. So @NianticGiffard@NianticCasey-ING and @ all the others, please, improve your communication, like you promised, focus all the information, that one needs to play, on a channel, that you can expect to be seen the most, by the largest amount of your player base (probably the ingame news).

Post edited by KoriNoDokutsu-ING on

Comments