How Long?

How long will my nomination keep getting rejected?

The rejection reasons are not reasons.

I believe there is someone messing with me because they were trying to mess with my wayspots in this area. And magically this one keeps getting rejected for no real reason.

And I'm getting very... very... tired of it.

The default answer is: "Oh just submit it again."

Well? It got rejected again. There is no explanation. They don't have any accountability for bad reviewers who have ulterior motives... as far as I can tell.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic footbridge - no trail markers anywhere - not eligible.

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

But it does not state that in the emails.

If they did, that would be another thing.

My supporting argument is that the footbridge promotes physical activity along with exploring nature/the outdoors. Isn't that the whole point of playing pokemon go or ingress?

If you reject something that makes for legitimate gameplay (unless it blatantly infringes on the rules), then why even play? Why even go out on a nature trail--like the one this footbridge is on--and have a nice walk while grabbing some pokestops along the way?

Yes, there is no marker for this footbridge, I am not contesting that. And I'm not even contesting that it's generic to some level.

There are plenty of unmarked generic baseball fields, soccer fields, etc that get accepted/approved all the time, why should this be any different than them?

Should I just start rejecting every athletic field simply because it's generic?

What is truly unique anyway?

There are probably hundreds of beautiful murals that get approved all the time, maybe there is over a million of them in the game(s). By your reasoning, should they be rejected because they are generic? What about universities? What about playgrounds, what about parks? Pavilions? Gazebos? Hiking trails? Community centers? Post offices???? Etc, etc?? None of these things are truly unique. Are they generic?

What about churches? There are plenty of those.

So who gets to decide what degree of genericity (is that even a word?) is or isn't acceptable?

I probably wouldn't be playing Pokemon Go (and definitely not Ingress) had it not been for my friend nominating the playground and footbridge in my neighborhood when I was too low level to nominate. There was nothing in my area, so I had to slowly grind while visiting other places (and wasting actual money buying pokecoins so I could buy pokeballs and lucky eggs). When those two wayspots were approved (one became a gym), it significantly helped because now I had more access to playing the game.

And now that I'm much passed level 38, I can--in turn--help out others who may not have anything in their areas and they aren't even close to level 38 to submit perfectly legitimate nominations of things that people (other than yourself) would find generic.

It's kind of a grey area. I'm not saying that every little thing should be nominated as the opposite extreme. That's not what I'm after. I do reject a number of things because they are too generic.

I'm saying this footbridge resides on a nature trail where people can walk on it and be physically active while--hopefully--cultivate an appreciation of nature while they playing. What's wrong with that?

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Xaerfaal-PGO

Your are not in the good channel, this one is only for appeals discussion, not rejections.

Please repost in the Nomination Improvement channel.

You can only search if the same topic as been treated with the research tool.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/9479/bridges

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭