WHEN will the objection function finally be activated ???

BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

@NianticTintino @NianticGiffard @NianticVK @NianticCasey-ING Slowly the whole thing is no longer a condition. You keep bringing new AMAs with no correct answers and unjustified rejections happening. WHEN will the function for the objection against rejections finally be activated?

Here is my latest example ...

"Thank you for suggesting the PokéStop Caucasian flying nut on 09/28/2021. Your proposal was rejected for the following reason: The photo is of poor quality (e.g. dark / blurry photos or photos taken from a vehicle)., The proposal appears to be a seasonal setup or not permanent., Am Seemingly objectionable or inappropriate activity is taking place at the suggested location."

A street view exists, and evidence in the form of retrievable PDF files is also given!

PDF Site11

Site 84:10.1.1b

In addition, there are other (already accepted) wayspots of this type in the immediate vicinity!

Post edited by BochumJules-PGO on

Comments

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I'm getting a lot of unjustified rejections lately and I'm getting very tired of it.

One footbridge has been rejected twice. First time it wasn't "cuturally/historically significant" enough (as if a footbridge must to be culturally/historically significant???). Second rejection just plainly states that it did not meet acceptance criteria.

That's not giving a reason. That's just a vague statement which begs the question: "Why???". It's an answer that's a non-answer.

I review exponentially more nominations than what I submit. My status is "Great". There's been only a couple of times where I messed up and the rejections were justified.

But the rest have been unjustified and it's blatantly obvious. It's like getting slapped in the face every time and there is literally no reason for it.

I really like doing nominations and reviewing them. It's one of the main reasons why I still play. But these rejections for mind-numbingly illegitimate reasons are wearing me out.

Just earlier today, one of my upgraded nominations got rejected with the "does not meet acceptance criteria" excuse and it's a community pool. I've gotten community pools accepted before, why does this one get rejected?

It's just hit or miss with this stuff. I basically fear that anything I upgrade is potentially dooming it to be rejected even though everything I nominate is perfectly fine (99.9999% of the time, anyway).

Someone said in another thread that they don't want to be Niantic's work mule anymore. Well, I think I'm getting close to agreeing with him or her.

As far as I can tell, there's no real accountability for people reviewing with ulterior motives. You get soft banned for a few hours if you review too fast or whatever. But what about people who may just reject things merely out of spite? I assume it takes more than one person for a nomination to be rejected and that should help keep the problem in check; yet there can be more than one person with bad motives, right? The fact that I get unjustified rejections at all seems to be evidence of bad actors abusing the reviewing process somehow.

I mean, I've had two different nominations rejected and the reason given was: "."

That's it. Just a period. They were two different footbridges. So, how does this even work?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Footbridge are not inherently eligible or acceptable. What specific about this footbridge that allows it to be eligible?

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

The deeper reasons for frustrations in this quarter are a lack of understanding of eligibility criteria, coupled with a poor feedback system that gives reviewers limited options and creates confusion among submitters. These things are fully correctable without the coding required for an appeals system, yet here we are.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

If an "objection / appeals" function is finally activated, I fully expect it to be swamped within a day or so by huge numbers of "appeals" for clearly ineligible Waypoints.

If an "objection / appeals" function is finally activated, I fully expect it to be swamped within a day or so by huge numbers of "appeals" submitted by spoofers / spammers complaining about rejected waypoints.

If an "objection / appeals" function is finally activated, can reviewers finally get some sort of notification / education / submission review feedback so we can understand which of our reviews and votes are "non agreements with the rest of the review community"

If an "objection / appeals" function is finally activated, can reviewers be given a facility to mark clearly ineligible submissions with an "obviously has not read or understood the criteria" / "This is spam submission" that is relayed to both Niantic and the submitter. Then again, something like this would also be be swamped within a day or so by huge numbers of notification for things like "Primary Schools" etc etc

Any thoughs please @NianticTintino