K-12 or Visual Uniqueness ?

There is a building(?) called "Kids Station" in the apartment complex in Korea.

It is used as a bus platform for children to go to school or academy.

(Sometimes the rest area is named "Kids Station" regardless of its purpose.)

It is not just a stop sign, but a structure with a unique appearance and a bench.

That's why it's often approved as a wayspot in Korea.

(There are differences of opinion among reviewers.)

but I think it should be rejected by K-12 because it is a place for the purpose of using children.

Should these structures be rejected by K-12 or approved with visual uniqueness?

What's your opinion?

I'd like to hear niantic official opinion.

Below are the general features of "Kids Station."

Comments

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops, I said pogo players. I’m sure Niantic doesn’t want adult Ingress players on K-12 property either, sorry!

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then how would you explain playgrounds as POIs, if the object is to not direct adults toward child-exclusive areas?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many schools will go into lockdown if a stranger is hanging around or on school grounds.

But my concern with these shelters is that they are mass produced, which is part of the rejection, or would fall under sensitive location as people will get nervous is strangers are hanging around a school bus stop.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like @TheFarix-PGO said above, random adults are not allowed to walk into schools. They have to go and sign in, get a visitors pass, my parents even had to get their photo taken for said pass when I was in high school.

With playgrounds, adults are definitely allowed on the playground and playgrounds are normally located inside parks where any age group is free to roam around. That is why I said, if these bus stops are located in an area where the general public is also free to walk around, I’m not sure if the K-12 rejection is correct. Even though it seems a little icky to me.

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

There are three rather obvious reasons for not allowing waystops on school grounds:

1. Not encouraging outsiders to enter school grounds.

2. Not providing distractions to school staff.

3. Not providing distractions to students.

1 and 2 would still apply to students too young for 3.

So for judging something not explicitly school grounds, I'd wonder if 1 and 2 apply. The first seems to not apply as these appear to be on public street corners. The second, I don't know, are there minders hired by the school system to watch over the children?

As far as being unique enough, again, I don't know. The three pictures provided are different enough but if there are just a few designs repeated over and over they seem to be more akin to your average bus shelter which I would be less inclined to accept.

• theHarryPutter-PGOtheHarryPutter-PGO Posts: 94 ✭✭

The idea of the K-12 rejection is because if you were a 11 year old kid in school you would NOT want to see some 50 year old man creeping around your school just to play a game! But the playgrounds, are for all ages, therefore it would be normal to see an adult their. As for why this was rejected, they probably figured it would be for kids and a little weird for adults to walk up to this, on their phone and possibly scare the kids.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

We won’t know the specific details behind a rejection criterion unless Niantic tells us. Generally speaking, they seem to be designed to avoid lawsuits, ensure original content (to avoid lawsuits), and avoid grossly repetitive mass-produced items.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think I'd reject this at all dont think it falls under k12 as much as you can stand far enough away, though I could see why people would reject t it for that. When I say I wouldn't reject this though, I'd maybe reject the last example as it does look generic the first 2 though do look unique, maybe I'm wrong and there's a lot more of them but based on what we've been told, I coukd see the first 2 being acceptable