Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

If the submitter takes a selfie with the nomination for the supporting photo is that grounds for

Rejection? Even though the supporting photo never shows in game? What if it's an identifiable reflection, or something else like a car, bicycle, or dog associated with that player? Where is the line drawn?

Answers

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

So long as it's only the supporting photo, and the photo itself is still usable to actually support the nomination, I don't think I'd care, personally. If the nomination can be supported without the additional photo, then that's also fine by me, but they may have lost the opportunity to help get their nomination approved if the supporting photo is needed but not actually helpful.

In terms of being identifiable, this just falls in line (IMHO) with the 360 images people can also provide; from what I've seen, these give the user's real name. So long as it won't end up being in the games themselves, I'm not fussed about it.

Just my two cents.

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Now, that said, I just read another thread where it asked about identifying text - signature, etc. - in the supporting details (not description or title). One of the replies made a point that is this:

"It could fall under abuse for trying to influence reviewers how to review. Especially If you know who submitted it, of if there's some kind of cabal with local reviewers approving each other's stuff."

I think this is a good point, one that I'd not considered since I don't actually know any of the players IRL. That said, an organized group will likely already know what locations/waypoints are being submitted by each other, or could easily provide such a list/names, so I don't know if this really reduces that kind of poor behaviour.

• GearGlider-PGOGearGlider-PGO Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say it could possibly be abuse with trying to influence submitters. The only reason you wouldn't purposefully keep it anonymous is if you wanted reviewers to know it was you, which a lot of submitters do if they wanna coordinate with other reviewers. But I'd rather have Niantic make that decision because I'm not too sure myself how they'd feel about it.

With 360 photo spheres a lot of people don't have much of a choice since it makes you show your display name on the sphere, and some people can't submit them without showing their face (like if they have one of the 360 cameras and don't know to stick it above their head, and google approves them) but you can 100% keep the support photo anonymous. So I wouldn't really compare support photos with photoshperes.

In terms of cars, bicycles, pets, etc, I wouldn't care much. I've had my car show up in a few supporting photos (and a few main photos, oops) because of the limited parking available and it was the best way to take the photo. As long as the main focus is showing where the object is and not the object/pet. Especially since at that point, it would be easier to just tell reviewers in your area which submissions to approve (which is still abuse and shouldn't be done) rather than have their weird object/pet code system. And pets like to run around a lot of places out on walks.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Just a quick point on the 360 there is phone software that can be used to take yourself out of the 360 and publish it to streetview. It's only 79p and works a treat.

• Area50Simax-PGOArea50Simax-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

I've rejected some for a shadow and or reflection of the photographer in main picture but only in the supporting photo if it looks like they are trying to influence the reviewers (like their dog in a dog park)