Nominations are ultimately pure luck...

Before you jump all over me. In early 2020 I submitted a nomination that was approved, but apparently there was an ingress portal already there I did not know about so it never appeared in the game.

Fast forward to 2021 and the rejection of nominations with false reasons continues to occur at an alarming rate. So I went back to this exact location and nominated the site again as an exercise in my theory... It was rejected for the following reasons:

Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views, Nomination title or description is not relevant.

Same exact description. Same exact title. Same exact photographs. Approved in 2020, rejected 2021.

I'm done submitting and reviewing in Wayfarer. It's a joke and Niantic doesn't care.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you tell us what you submitted? I only ask because there was a criteria reset in November 2020, and the first time you submitted your nomination and it was approved was before that reset, whereas obviously this time it's after the reset.

Not doubting your nomination or anything (obviously, I don't even know what you submitted haha), I'm just curious about it.