What types of sign are accepted?

Are signs like neighborhood watch or children at play signs acceptable? I've seen a few of them but am not sure.

Comments

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

No..... they do not meet one of them main wayspot criteria and are also generic and mass produced. Auto rejected.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they a good place to explore? A good place to exercise? A good place to socialize? Are they locally unique? Are they visually special? Do they offer any form of cultural enrichment?

If the answer is “no” to all of these questions, then they do not meet criteria.

• Pokelins12-PGOPokelins12-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

what about gas stations? I see a lot of those as well and there is its own category. I'm not sure if I should reject that. Also are most of the categories POIs or just categories to reject or what not?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Categories in "What is it?" are not related to the eligibility of PoI. You can find there Statue as well as K12 school.

• theHarryPutter-PGOtheHarryPutter-PGO Posts: 94 ✭✭

For signs, look for unique signs. Artistic! Cultural! If you have a sign/plaque about a founder or president, submit that. If you submit a thick meta slab with your neighborhood name = reject. However if you submit one with a fountain or plenty of art or maybe a sculpture that is good. And business signs only when local and well known. So no to McD’s and yes to like Brown’s Family Diner (5* on yelp)