Please tell me why this needs to be rejected.

So it seems like I am stupid or something. There seems to be a discrepancy between what I think is a PoI and what all other reviewers think is a PoI. Probably, as always, I am completely wrong and this is something which needs to be rejected but I am to uneducated to know the truth.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bu03yHkxF5FI2Y8wire0KPhvg_jbmj9GnVokWG9QMhSjpj9HmGnhyyZhhDoEm7PQbxyOdCxz-FQPCKKRW1Z06GyOUS1FCA90SEr8IFsb=s0

This is in a public park.

E-Mail:

Hi Trainer craftsmany,

Danke, dass du den PokéStop Steg am Teich im Park Oldentrup am 14.09.2021 vorgeschlagen hast. Dein Vorschlag wurde aus folgendem Grund abgelehnt: Der Vorschlag scheint ein Naturmerkmal (beispielsweise ein Wasserfall, Berg oder See) zu sein, der nicht mit einem von Menschen geschaffenen Objekt in Verbindung steht., Der Vorschlag erfüllt die Akzeptanzkriterien nicht..

Das Ergebnis dieser Überprüfung kann nicht geändert werden. Wenn du jedoch der Meinung bist, dass dein Vorschlag zulässig ist, lies bitte den Artikel Was macht einen guten PokéStop aus? im Hilfe-Center, und überarbeite den Titel, die Beschreibung, den Standort und das Foto, wenn du einen neuen Vorschlag einreichst. Danke für deine Bemühungen, Trainer! 

– Das Team von Pokémon GO

Steg am Teich im Park Oldentrup

Ein Steg am Teich im Park Oldentrup mit Banken.

Vorschlags-ID: WEfZslgvbj1uAD/WHh276C32TDnpLC+TJRCT/Xgv4M0=

-------

Rejection Reasons:

• natural feature
  • does not meet the acceptance criteria

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I think I would have accepted that, myself. I don't speak German, so I had to use auto-translate on your nomination text, but a couple general tips that I think might help:

1. Can you provide what you wrote for your supporting text?

2. The pergola over the benches, I think, would be an easier nomination by itself. They are generally accepted as social gathering places, at least in my experience. You could try nominating that alone.

3. Alternately, if you want to focus on the platform, make sure you present it as a scenic viewpoint in both the description and the supporting text. There's a good argument to be made that such a location meets the exploration and social criteria. Frankly I think this is more interesting than the pergola, but it may also be more difficult to convince reviewers.

Hopefully a German-speaking reviewer will be along to offer their advice as well.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

if there is no sign for the park I wouldnt bother with it. Submit the pergola instead

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think this image does a good job of telling the story of this location. In fact, I think it comes across as two different POIs mushed into one - a platform overhanging the water, and a pergola with seating - and I think it’s confusing to the reviewers because it lacks a single, cohesive focus.

I agree with the suggestion to find a good pic of just the pergola (maybe from the platform? Take a few images from different perspectives and see what you come up with) and nominate that on its own. I would think it would be a slam dunk approval with a simple title and short description.