Nomination went straight to rejection

Hello,

I nominated a trail marker with name on it this morning. It didn't show up for hours in my nomination list and it went straight to rejection a couple of hours later.

The rejection mail doesn't state more then "This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s): Besluit Niantic-beoordeling." (Translation: Decision Niantic-review).

So I assume it didn't get presented to the community but was a Niantic decision?

I was pretty confident this nomination would be easily accepted... clear photo, clear acceptance criteria (trail marker for walking path with name on it), visible on streetview, so I want to ask for help where you think it went wrong?

Nomination:

Supporting photo:

Streetview:

Thanks for having a look at this and giving me suggestions to get it better.

Comments

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some quick research and it looks like a really neat trail.

Unfortunately, Niantic staff is often not aware of linguistic or cultural differences (especially language), so they will often reject anything foreign to them. There was a post where there was a barrage of dot rejections on all these Russian-language ones.

I could probably only say include the link to the Watermelonpad and maybe instead of stating "Trailmarkers are elegible", also advise why (i.e. great for exploration and exercise walking along the path, etc etc).

If your community is good enough, they'll easily notice this is a trail, and it should go through next time. Unlucky to have gotten Niantic's hands on it.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic internal reviewers have a poor track record as far as this forum is concerned, so feel free to resubmit in pursuit of a community review. Your image does appear at a glance to be a street sign, which could meet rejection criteria, so you probably need better supporting text to sell it a little bit. And don’t ever say your nomination is eligible… I actually see this more often on ineligible nominations and it’s pretty triggering. Image could also be centered better, though that is unlikely to have anything to do with the rejection.

• 0drMonkey0-PGO0drMonkey0-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks for your advice.

It's good to see my opinion wasn't wrong that this should have been accepted. Normally I finetune my nominations on my desktop pc after I submit them. But I didn't got the chance on this one as it never went into my nomination list 😊.

I've resubmitted the trailmarker and will work on the supporting text. I have the feeling the supporting text often gets skipped and things get rejected or marked as duplicate way to often while the explanation is in the supported text...

• PlutoIsSad-PGOPlutoIsSad-PGO Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Niantic internal reviewers should stay within their own language and cultural wheelhouse when reviewing. So... USA. Sad thing is that only Wayfarers in the forums know how poor Niantic is at reviewing worldwide locations. They see a sign on a street and say "NOPE" whereas locals see that yellow sign and say "Yes, that's a cool path"

You were unlucky to have had them pull yours for review.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard , heres another one for you of Niantic reviewers just rejecting valid POIs. Perhaps you may want to take this up with them as training on how not to review.

• TyBearius88-PGOTyBearius88-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Sorry to disagree! At first i'm no Niantic employee, but had been a dedicated reviewer. These sign are mass-produced and you are able to find thousands of them in europe - especially in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and even in France. They are generic trailmarkers with only a distance added to them. Most of these will be rejected and hsd been rejected before. I submitted a knot-point of trails (trail names, nearest cities and distance) and it was also rejected.

PS: Unique trailmarkers are elegible like some made of wood or a good drawn picture

• 0drMonkey0-PGO0drMonkey0-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

You may disagree… but this is not a generic trailmarker. This is the starting point for a named walk of 6km long with the name of the walking path on it.

The other markers on the walk are just yellow arrows, so you won’t find another one like this.

Niantic stated that trailmarkers with the name of the walking path on it are eligible and should be accepted… this is clearly in this category, so I really have no clue on what ground you would reject this.

• DeDuckIsDees-INGDeDuckIsDees-ING Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Agree. I also reject these hexagonal signs that are on every corner of every street. They are just directional signs.

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@0drMonkey0-PGO

This is definitely a trail marker. The walking route is even well-documented on several sites, and takes you along a series of old watermills. This is one example of something you really want to discover when you're there, and extremely useful when creating missions for example. It's so strange that textbook examples of good POIs are rejected by Niantic themselves.

Most trails just take you through a landscape or city, but this one is actually themed around those watermills, and any marker along the way should be online. Submit again, hope that no Niantic reviewer comes along, and try to find all of them for a nice Ingress mission. :)

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

@Jeroenix-ING then the watermills should be nominated (and approved)

Having those online you can still create a mission with in the description you can use these signs as guidance to get to all wayspots.

There's probably a startingpoint with a map or some more text in a city center