Advice Wanted: How to get a community pool accepted

Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ron-Lor apartment community pool

Description

community gathering place in summer for exercise and escaping heat

had to wait till pool closed for winter to get a photo without people as its popular all day gathering. Community pools are eligible by criteria and confirmed in faqs

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the criteria refresh, how has that change affected how reviewers should consider swimming pools? 

Similar to before the criteria refresh, swimming pools at private residences or hotels (or other similar residentially-focused locations) are ineligible. Other than that, pools would be a great place to meet and that encourages exercise and should be considered eligible. This includes public pools, pools or training complexes with historical context, reflecting pools, fountains, aquatic centers and cooldown centers, university pools, sport arenas/complexes and more.

So that would rule out a pool at an apartment as an acceptable Wayspot. As for what I look for in an eligible public pool, two things: that it has controlled access that is actively staffed and that there are active duty live guards when the pool is open.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting I took that passage to allow pools at Apartment complexes as "Public Pools" just like Playground on private property = ineligible but playground at an apartment complex is eligible.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

It's something confusing that we've asked for explanation but never been given one.

• CipherBlakk-PGOCipherBlakk-PGO Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Try a photo through a gap in the fence, so you see the pool but not the fence in front of it, if you can.

• inSAMity-PGOinSAMity-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I don't think the pool is the issue, I personally would reject it based on Photo Guidelines...

• • Well composed - the Wayspot or placemarker is centered without too much foreground or background, or objects passing by in front
    • • Clear/sharp with good exposure (show off your photography skills!)

• squirtlegirdle-PGOsquirtlegirdle-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

I agree with the photo comment. My first reaction was why is this fence being submitted. Resubmit it.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I linked the thread to point out empathy in the sense I had same questions long ago, not to bump a 2 year old thread.

Pools in apartment complexes and hotels are not elgible. Nor are hotel pools. While the logic hasn't been explained why those are ineligible but City Pools are eligible the only difference the community has settled on is the lack of life guards